Upload Your Cichlid Tanks Here

Here's a pic of a 15gal shell dweller tank I'm setting up. There are 18 more shells that need to be cleaned and added. I'm still deciding on a background and hope to be adding some neolamprologus multifaciatus very soon.

shellietank2.jpg

That tanks looks amazing mate, did you buy them rocks and shells? If you got them from the beach or somewhere how did you clean them?

Nice tank you had there, but I think you need a bigger tank for the one in your sig :lol:
very cute fry you have there!!
:lol:

Thanks v. much. He is a star :wub:

have now transferred him to a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft bath and within few months he will hopefully be able to progress to a full size swimming pool, armed with rubber ring and armbands of course! :good:

steve

Here's a pic of a 15gal shell dweller tank I'm setting up. There are 18 more shells that need to be cleaned and added. I'm still deciding on a background and hope to be adding some neolamprologus multifaciatus very soon.

shellietank2.jpg

That tanks looks amazing mate, did you buy them rocks and shells? If you got them from the beach or somewhere how did you clean them?

That is such a nice tank that I'd be quite tempted to set one up myself. Quick someone cure me of mts :/

The rocks are limestone and are very common around here. They are locally referred to a "river rock" and are used in landscaping. I picked a few out of my front yard and scrubbed them well with a stiff brush after a good soak. The shells are escargots from a grocery store. Pretty cheap really, about $0.50 Canadian each and quite delicious! They are very close to the shells these fish use in Lake Tanganyika (can't recall the proper name). They just need to be boiled extremely well before use. I boiled them for hours and kept changing the water every so often until the water stayed clean and clear. The plants are a few bits of java fern from another tank. The tank itself was given to me so this was and incredibly cheap setup. I finally located a breeding pair of Neolamprologus multifasciatus with a few fry for $25 which are all doing very well. Thanks for the compliments. :)

Very clean looking tank you have there shocker. A couple of things I would do though to make it look a touch more on the natural side.

I would hide the heater behind that tall plastic plant on the left hand side and move the outtake of the external further to the right so that both wont be attracting as much attention as they are at the moment. Otherwise nice looking tank and your fish look very healthy! and also, it looks like the female Cobalt Zebra in the forth and fifth picture is holding.

:good: Good eye Tanks!!! She's gonna spit soon or she's got a HUGE batch! :hyper:

check out your photo shop program in your pc and use the crop feature, we dont need to see all of that stuff on the sides, all the black area is a waste of space on the forum and your PC.

super looking fish btw!!! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back