Update on my Grumpy Gourami...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Origami Gourami

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Many thanks for all the advice you gave me on my hitherto peaceful Golden Gourami, who suddenly developed a raging temper against all his tank mates.

I did some phoning round the area yesterday and found a shop that was happy to take him. I took him along and discovered an Aladdin's cave of an lfs, fantastic clean tanks, huge selection and a very knowledgeable owner. We had a chat about the grumpy fella and he added him to his tank of Goldens, and my grumps looked so happy, swimming around with his new friends, frisking each other with their feelers (even though they look identical, I could still pick him out! :) )

So a triple result: one blissfully happy gourami, one tank with peace restored, and a new place to go hunting for new tankmates in!

Thanks Inchworm for the whole upper level info, was very useful. Only been keeping these tropical fellas six to eight months, but already feel much wiser on the subject! At the end of the day, I started out with a gourami tank (3 dwarves, 1 Opaline and the Golden), but the dynamics have slowly changed and he simply wasn't happy on his own. Hopefully now he is (he certainly looked it!)

Thank you all!
:D

Thank you for letting us know what you decided - sometimes we sweat the details with someone and never find out how it turned out. You're right, Inchworm is the BEST.

ALASKA

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back