Update On My Ammonia

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

saron3011

Reaction score
i am so glad my ammonia and nitrite levels have now gone down to 0 ppm. i have losted 2 fish. can anybody tell me when i can add more fish. i have got 12 fish the biggest been dwarf gourami the rest are small fish. my tank is 20 gallons. i dont want to make the same mistake again and add to many fish at once and have another ammonia spike. hope sombody can help

what is your exact stocking?

and until you get daily readings of 0 ammonia for 2 weeks in a row do not add any more fish. Once oyu get to that level then you can add a couple small fish every couple of weeks.

But again, I do not recommend adding anything until :
1) your ammonia is straightened out
2) you can list your exact stocking so we can tell you if there are any red flags

i have 2 sword tails, 2 dwarf gourami, 1 kissing gourami, 2 pengiun fish, 3 silver tip tetras, 1 male fighter, 2 cat fish, 1 sucker fish, i am new to keeping fish, when i 1st got the tank i was following the advice of the local tropical fish place and got some bad advice this is why it as taken so long for the levels to go down. they told me that it was ok to add 12 fish at once this is why my ammonia went sky high i have been fighting to get it down ever since. i was so pleased with the test today as i have lost sleep trying to get it right. i got told that much stuff it was very confusing. i very neally give up, i glad i didnt now. i would like to keep some neons and some more little fish if i could what do you think and thankyou for your help.

i dont know the names of them but i know the cat fish only stay small because i took a picture into a shop, they also told me my sucker fish does not get very big i did have 2 silver dallors but the shop told me my tank would not not be big enough when they got older. i just found a good aquarium shop after been told wrong advice they gave my silver dallors new home

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back