Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ok here we go (some may have ben mentioned before)

1) coloured gravel and spongebob ornaments, ok for kids tanks but not for the big tank

2) Kids tanks and the pictures on the boxes( or adverts) showing you can keep nemo and dori in this

3) shops that sell tankbuster fish and tell customers that they will be ok and just to upgrade if NEEDED.

4) ppl that buy tankbusters and don't upgrade "but its always been in there and it looks ok)

5) Glofish and tattood fish WHY WHY WHY?

6) Ppl that ask for advice then ignore that advice, but come back with "My tank has gone wrong, what can i do?"

7) Shop assistants that spout rubbish to customers, many of time i have told a customer that the info given is tosh "No the oscar will not live happily with the other fish you have"

8)Customers that have just bought their first tank and get upset when told they cannot buy 40 fish now to go in it, but you know they will storm out and go to pets at home and get what they want

9)Pets at home and similar "WE care but don't really" chains

10) Tattoo'd fish ( yes i know already on list but the person that though of it wants shooting)

11) Ppl that insist the old way are rubbish and you must do it like this i.e. the new way

12) betta fish in jars, they can live in a puddle and breathe air from the surface but does mean they have to

That's it for now

1) coloured gravel and spongebob ornaments, ok for kids tanks but not for the big tank

2) Kids tanks and the pictures on the boxes( or adverts) showing you can keep nemo and dori in this

3) shops that sell tankbuster fish and tell customers that they will be ok and just to upgrade if NEEDED.

4) ppl that buy tankbusters and don't upgrade "but its always been in there and it looks ok)

6) Ppl that ask for advice then ignore that advice, but come back with "My tank has gone wrong, what can i do?"

7) Shop assistants that spout rubbish to customers, many of time i have told a customer that the info given is tosh "No the oscar will not live happily with the other fish you have"

8)Customers that have just bought their first tank and get upset when told they cannot buy 40 fish now to go in it, but you know they will storm out and go to pets at home and get what they want

10) Tattoo'd fish ( yes i know already on list but the person that though of it wants shooting)

11) Ppl that insist the old way are rubbish and you must do it like this i.e. the new way

12) betta fish in jars, they can live in a puddle and breathe air from the surface but does mean they have to

That's it for now
Everything above.

Well said, that forum member.

People do this on purpose? I suppose I should have expected such from humanity. I was under the impression that most simply haven't done their research and wanted to imitate photos of "fashionable" betta vases and bowls. That and they're too lazy for water changes, not fully understanding the detrimental impact on their animal's health. While both present a dire situation for the fish, the idea of someone mistreating betta intentionally is particularly sickening.
Yup, they do this alright. People usually place bets on how much torture their fish can take, before it dies. It’s sickening.

My LFS has Neons, Green Neons, Black Neons, and even White Neons. I have never heard of white neons before though. Are you able to specially request they order some and call you when they get them?
I can request fish, but they usually take a week. I also like seeing the fish in-store first, before buying.

When I order, the owner keeps them up front until I arrive. But if I don’t like the condition of them, and say no, it puts him a bad position.

I’m just really not that keen on requesting fish. :/

I can request fish, but they usually take a week. I also like seeing the fish in-store first, before buying.

When I order, the owner keeps them up front until I arrive. But if I don’t like the condition of them, and say no, it puts him a bad position.

I’m just really not that keen on requesting fish. :/
Wait, you can request fish? That must take some confidence!

How do you do that? Do you really just ask if they can get in the fish you're looking for? That's so tempting...
I called and asked if they could order fish for me, and they said yes. So I gave them the name and variation of what Betta I wanted, and they order it for me!

You can try calling your LFS, most places do it. :)

That IS sickening!

It's not "just" a fish - it is a living, feeling, sentient creature and we have a responsibility towards it.

I HATE cruelty :mad::mad::mad:
I know, I hate it also. :( :(

I called and asked if they could order fish for me, and they said yes. So I gave them the name and variation of what Betta I wanted, and they order it for me!

You can try calling your LFS, most places do it. :)
Hm, I might try and work up the confidence to try that out! Getting some nice corys could be nice.

Wow! My LFS doesn’t take requests for fish orders, but if it is a fish they regularly get and it’s out of stock or they sell quick, they will call and let you know when they get them in, so you aren’t like RESERVING anything. I guess they may take requests, but I’ve never tried. I will have to ask next time I’m there

That's it for now
You are speaking good sense. :)

Wow! My LFS doesn’t take requests for fish orders, but if it is a fish they regularly get and it’s out of stock or they sell quick, they will call and let you know when they get them in, so you aren’t like RESERVING anything. I guess they may take requests, but I’ve never tried. I will have to ask next time I’m there
Ah, that's a shame. :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back