Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

Nah I think thats something else. The pacu I believe.

Though, when I went on vacation to Key West Florida, we visited the aquarium there and we saw a saltwater sheepshead who had human teeth and he made us laugh. I took a photo to remember his buck toothed grin.
View attachment 111216
Haha theres just no need for that
Shame time for me--

Most fish (besides very demanding ones such as chocolate gouramis & african lake cichlids) can adapt to a much larger range of pH and hardness than people think.
Byron will have you shot

Ok, my turn.... Neon or brightly colored gravel and plants are hideous and should be banned from the Pet Trade!!
Sorry if you have Pink, Orange, or Purple gravel and plants, and I have offended you...
Actually, no, not sorry!! Lol... Gravel and plants should look natural, and not be Techno Colors!!
Phew, I feel so much better getting that off my chest!!! :p :D
Agreed.. but hiding behind my natural gravel, real plants and rocks is a pink castle ( tank was originally my daughter's and she won't let me remove it.. the fish like it too)

Just got back from @petsathome, it’s next to supermarket so I’m in every other day, and I noticed signs on the rabbit enclosures. “These enclosures comply with the minimum space standard.....blah blah blah.“ Also they advise how much space a rabbit needs after it’s taken home etc etc.
No such signs hanging from aquariums. I think there’s Bettas been in there longer than the queens been on the throne/ since Elvis was still driving trucks Etc.
I bought my tank from pets at home (35l) and they refused to sell me a goldfish to go in it which is why I have platy and minnows in there now.

another from me....

I prefer the wild colour brown cherry shrimp over the bright red ones.

But blue and green are the best!

I had beautiful wild colour shrimp with hints of colour through them and my interbred where my hands down favourite. Below was a wild with a hint of red. I had a gorgeous wild breeder girl with blue through her and she was my little boss I loved her

Attachments

• 52A20EE9-3BDC-4838-A5F4-28DC5E0C2FDA.jpeg
    52A20EE9-3BDC-4838-A5F4-28DC5E0C2FDA.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 252
My unpopular opinion: I actually like the GloFish. I have a tank of the tetra in a 25. They are pretty and I have all of the colors.
I didn't like them at first but when I asked my husband to get me 2 more skirt tetras, those are what he brought home lol they actually grew on me so I dont mind them so much.

The green is prettiest, though the only one i have left is the purple one

I didn't like them at first but when I asked my husband to get me 2 more skirt tetras, those are what he brought home lol they actually grew on me so I dont mind them so much.

The green is prettiest, though the only one i have left is the purple one
I noticed that the blue and purple look good under a normal light, but don't show as well under the blue light. I want to get a few more greens so it looks like I have a colony of little aliens in my tank.

Live Goldfish taste better if you dunk them in chocolate first before swallowing :devil:
Weird, i was reading about some lad who ended up in hospital because he wanted to partake in that drinking/swallowing 'game' ( but the only fish he could get his hands on was a cory. So the cory did it's thing and jammed its spines in the dude's throat

Most reactions

Back