Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok, my turn.... Neon or brightly colored gravel and plants are hideous and should be banned from the Pet Trade!!
Sorry if you have Pink, Orange, or Purple gravel and plants, and I have offended you...
Actually, no, not sorry!! Lol... Gravel and plants should look natural, and not be Techno Colors!!
Phew, I feel so much better getting that off my chest!!! :p :D

A majority of the species, actually. If you have a spacious aquarium along with plants and/or hardscapes, then you can house males together. I hear a lot of people prefer to keep two males and one female Betta channoides as well as Betta albimarginata in the same aquarium.
Yep:)

How are they turds? I have 8 in my 29g tank - they are all happy and healthy.
See my reply to RetiredViking.
No joke, they constantly attacked one another. One had his face bitten off by another too.

This was it healed up.
20200628_203531.jpg

Ok, my turn.... Neon or brightly colored gravel and plants are hideous and should be banned from the Pet Trade!!
Sorry if you have Pink, Orange, or Purple gravel and plants, and I have offended you...
Actually, no, not sorry!! Lol... Gravel and plants should look natural, and not be Techno Colors!!
Yeah it should be a world wide crime to do that.
Knock Knock
Mom:Hello how can i help you officers.
Police: I’m sorry mam your sons under arrest
Mom: what did he do?
Police: He has orange gravel in a fish bowl with a betta and some plants, I expect 10 or more years in prison.

I was helping my fiance set up her first ever tank of her own the other day. I let her pick out everything herself with minimal guidance as far as decor/substrate goes (although I told her live plants weren't optional lol). I think it killed her inside to NOT pick some neon purple gravel and sugar skull decoration...but by some miracle (probably her seeing me obsessing over my "natural" looking personal tank) we walked out of there with black sand and a modest scuba helmet decoration.

:p
The bane of your existence :whistle:
View attachment 111140
I actually have 1 female guppy. I got a few ghost shrimp once and when i got home i noticed there was a tiny speck with two eyeballs in the bag. I said hmmm maybe its a guppy. I figured it would just die as my tank wasnt fully cycled. Six months later shes a full grown pooping machine. I had her in my 20 gallon tetra tank but the water was too soft for her and the tetras didnt like her so i flushed her...JK i made her her own little home in a smaller tank with some moss balls frog bit a pathos and a snail. She seems happy enough my kids love her or i would have secretly dumped her in a petsmart tank a long time ago:)

I actually have 1 female guppy. I got a few ghost shrimp once and when i got home i noticed there was a tiny speck with two eyeballs in the bag. I said hmmm maybe its a guppy. I figured it would just die as my tank wasnt fully cycled. Six months later shes a full grown pooping machine. I had her in my 20 gallon tetra tank but the water was too soft for her and the tetras didnt like her so i flushed her...JK i made her her own little home in a smaller tank with some moss balls frog bit a pathos and a snail. She seems happy enough my kids love her or i would have secretly dumped her in a petsmart tank a long time ago:)
Actually I am in agreement that livebearers are the worst for poop! They are massive poop machines, even more than my bristlenose pleco lol

But theyre just way too endearing.

My girl up there was a free fry too lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back