Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

They are LOVELY!
Are they mouth-brooders? I know nothing about discus.

Thanks. They are not mouthbrooders. They lay their eggs on surfaces, which then hatch attached to them. In the video, you can see how one pair laid eggs on driftwood. The other pair (the one with the fry) did it in the breeding cone. When the fry become free swimmers, parents will kindly put them in their mouths and spit them back to the cone. In last seconds of the video you can see the male spitting the fry.

I have successfully kept Bettas with Harlequin rasbora and also with CPDs. The feeding is the toughest part to navigate in my experience. Also, even if there isn't actual fighting, I think the betta can get stressed out by the presence of the other fish, depending on the personality of the betta. The other fish will also tend to be more shy and skittish with the presence of the betta. But it can work well for sure. I just find it easier all around to have a separate tank for my betta personally.

Don't think there has been one in 70 years..
About time they filled the vacancy then.

There'll loads of paperwork to catch up on. I expect the tea bags will be past their best by now, too, and the biscuits will be a bit soft.

If you appoint me as your assistant Whistling, I will bring fresh comestibles, and will walk the elephant twice a day for (ahem) toilet purposes. (I just don't think a litter tray is a good idea in such a small office space.)

I'll PM you with my CV.

It's a Discus :rofl:

Attachments

• 2020-09-11 16.01.08.jpg
    2020-09-11 16.01.08.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 44
About time they filled the vacancy then.

There'll loads of paperwork to catch up on. I expect the tea bags will be past their best by now, too, and the biscuits will be a bit soft.

If you appoint me as your assistant Whistling, I will bring fresh comestibles, and will walk the elephant twice a day for (ahem) toilet purposes. (I just don't think a litter tray is a good idea in such a small office space.)

I'll PM you with my CV.
Absolutely. I am actually more concerned with the paperwork and out of date tea-bags than the elephant's, ahem, habits. I will be living in the bungalow down the path, the one with the lime tree and the family of mongooses (mongeese? mongi? drat those things) in the garden, which the elephant will keep amazingly well-fertilized. New tea should be easy to procure, this being India and all. But I will definitely delegate all that paperwork to an assistant. Can't burden myself with such things. I'm a busy man.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back