Uk Election

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

In reality how could the partys in second, third and fourth place really make a government and not include the party that won most of the seats in the election. I think whats happened is best for the country. For me its the best result.

At the most its for 5 years, and we get to do it all over again

In reality how could the partys in second, third and fourth place really make a government and not include the party that won most of the seats in the election. I think whats happened is best for the country. For me its the best result.

i agree. i think it should just be who gets the most seats. it's stupid all of the losers forming a parliament instead of the winner.

cheers :good:

congrats to the people of England I am watching the breaking news live cameron is giving his speach in front of his knew house.

I think you'll find that's the the people of the United Kingdom i.e. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - I'm British not English
tongue2.gif

And thanks, I'm glad things are moving on now, it will be interesting to see what the coalition will mean now :)
It was just confirmed by a Lib Dem MP that a coalition is going to be put in place...

edit: watching Cameron's speech I've got to say I really like this guy, him and Clegg will make a good partnership I think, and any differences between Tory and Lib Dem policy will get ironed out in a responsible manner between the two of them...even if that might leave a fair few upset party members :)

I think you'll find that's the the people of the United Kingdom i.e. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - I'm British not English
tongue2.gif

And thanks, I'm glad things are moving on now, it will be interesting to see what the coalition will mean now :)
It was just confirmed by a Lib Dem MP that a coalition is going to be put in place...

edit: watching Cameron's speech I've got to say I really like this guy, him and Clegg will make a good partnership I think, and any differences between Tory and Lib Dem policy will get ironed out in a responsible manner between the two of them...even if that might leave a fair few upset party members :)

I agree, he seems genuine, only time will tell if things will be okay!

i agree. i think it should just be who gets the most seats. it's stupid all of the losers forming a parliament instead of the winner.

cheers :good:

Thats not how it works. It meerly is, if you dont have 326 seats, you are all losers. The tories were just the lesser losers. Also if the 2nd 3rd and 4th parties joined it would make them one big party, with more seats than the others. Meaning they represent more of the country. This is a government, not a football match.

The tories could have gone the route of being a minority government. That was never a question. it just means that because all the other parties added up made more than their seats, they could easily vote againsed all of the tories leave the people in power with very little power.

My main argument with this is that the people also DIDN'T vote for a colab government.

But yes I get the point.

It's pretty much a disaster for me (well, Scotland really).

Thatcher ripped Britain apart during her reign, and Scotland in particular. I can only see Cameron trying to do the same. It seems to be the unwritten policy in the Tory manifesto.

Pull your purse strings now, fellow Scots, Cameron is coming to clear us out.....again. (the reason the Torys got only 1 seat in Scotland)

The only good thing to come out of this is that the Torys didn't get a majority.

And just for the record, I'm Scottish, not British. :p

Also if the 2nd 3rd and 4th parties joined it would make them one big party, with more seats than the others. Meaning they represent more of the country.
How is this any better than a Con Lib coalition?

Staunch labour aye ;)

Also if the 2nd 3rd and 4th parties joined it would make them one big party, with more seats than the others. Meaning they represent more of the country.

Staunch labour aye ;)

I was replying to the comment where that was the example. Meerly explaining. The comment was suggesting "why cant the tories just be in power, they had the most seats".

Staunch labour aye ;)

I was replying to the comment where that was the example. Meerly explaining. The comment was suggest "why cant the tories just be in power, they had the most seats".

Apologies, I see where you are coming from now, misread it...

It will be interesting what options are given to us for a new voting system though, there are quite a few possibilities I would say. Maybe we'll end up with that football match analogy being more real than it currently is? The next few days will be very interesting for British politics I think...have there ever been a Con Lib coalition before do you know?

Staunch labour aye ;)

I was replying to the comment where that was the example. Meerly explaining. The comment was suggest "why cant the tories just be in power, they had the most seats".

Apologies, I see where you are coming from now, misread it...

It will be interesting what options are given to us for a new voting system though, there are quite a few possibilities I would say. Maybe we'll end up with that football match analogy being more real than it currently is? The next few days will be very interesting for British politics I think...have there ever been a Con Lib coalition before do you know?

Im not to sure. I doubt it. Im not even sure how this one is going to pan out seeing as they disagree on so many issues. It seems like a desperate grab by both parties, David cameron because he want to be PM and the lib dems because they want some form of power abd this may be their only chance. I would be pissed off if I voted LD and they end up being the ones making it a tory government.

It shall be an interesting week I suspect.

Lots of cuts, lets just hope the NHS stays for those who need it, because the tories have hardly been fans of it over the past decades lol

Im not to sure. I doubt it. Im not even sure how this one is going to pan out seeing as they disagree on so many issues. It seems like a desperate grab by both parties, David cameron because he want to be PM and the lib dems because they want some form of power abd this may be their only chance. I would be pissed off if I voted LD and they end up being the ones making it a tory government.

It shall be an interesting week I suspect. Lots of cuts, lets just hope the NHS stays for those who need it, because the tories have hardly been fans of it over the past decades lol

At least the 2 leaders seem amicable, it will be the party pressures that cause any disagreements, which matter the most anyway in our political system....as long as spongers get sorted out I'm happy, and I mean those who can't be bothered (for which I know lots) not those who have no other option...

I would personally love the ability to opt out of NI contributions (will never happen I know cause it's not a tax for what it once was) and put that money toward bupa health cover myself, I just watched my Dad go through hell will gall bladder problems because it was a bank holiday weekend....the NHS sucks right now IMHO. The only thing that sped things up was the fact I have a cousin who is a registered surgeon in the same hospital (yes it helps a lot which is wrong but whatever works right...).

Too much paper work and too much middle management in the NHS...the NHS needs managerial reform, it's too top heavy. Remove the cost of the top heavy management and spend the same money on more nurses and better services on the ground...I'm sure both Tories and Lib Dems would see that option. Let's not forget the quangos either...

It shall be an interesting week I suspect. Lots of cuts, lets just hope the NHS stays for those who need it, because the tories have hardly been fans of it over the past decades lol

At least the 2 leaders seem amicable, it will be the party pressures that cause any disagreements, which matter the most anyway in our political system....as long as spongers get sorted out I'm happy, and I mean those who can't be bothered (for which I know lots) not those who have no other option...

I would personally love the ability to opt out of NI contributions (will never happen I know cause it's not a tax for what it once was) and put that money toward bupa health cover myself, I just watched my Dad go through hell will gall bladder problems because it was a bank holiday weekend....the NHS sucks right now IMHO. The only thing that sped things up was the fact I have a cousin who is a registered surgeon in the same hospital (yes it helps a lot which is wrong but whatever works right...).

Too much paper work and too much middle management in the NHS...the NHS needs managerial reform, it's too top heavy. Remove the cost of the top heavy management and spend the same money on more nurses and better services on the ground...

LOL I just can't stand David Cameron and the tories because of their record of being anti gay. Sure he said sorry, but I just can't look at this massive forehead without wanting to punch him.
Also "sponger gate" has become annoying. Yeah sure, people do sponge off of the government but its nowhere neer as large of a problem as the media try to make out.
How do you punish those who are sponging without hurting those who do need it?

I can't act like I know about the NHS because I dont even use it, but I hear it needs to be better regulated lol (thats my contribution to the NHS debate).

Most reactions

Back