Ugh! Uninformed owners...

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Today I was over at a friend's, and since his little sister (almost 13), knows that I have fish - came to me and told me that while she had been visiting her friend, her friend had said she was going to breed her two bettas. I was like .... are you kidding me?! :eek: This girl thought she could put the two of them together in her 10 gallon, and then pow? Babies? Wow.. I think not. I really hope that my friend's sister tells her it is a BAD idea - as I quickly informed her.

Then my friend's sister says that the girl may give away her female betta, because she is eating all the fish she puts in with her. :crazy: Ugh.

On a happier, unrelated note - I just counted 18 betta falx fry. :hyper:

She's a kid what do you expect? I've seen grown adults with less knowledge claiming to have a clue.

Teelie said:
She's a kid what do you expect? I've seen grown adults with less knowledge claiming to have a clue.
true. but that's no excuse.
people need to research, research, research before they do stuff like that.

juliethegr8t said:
I would like to reserve for one of those, please. :)

Itty Bitty Betta said:
juliethegr8t said:
I would like to reserve for one of those, please. :)
:p Ok! *jots down name* :lol: Hmm... maybe I could trade you for a figher plakat, eh matey? :hey:

Anyways, Teelie - I know she's a kid, but I also agree it isn't an excuse. Even at that age I knew better than to try and do something completely new to me without learning more about it first. :dunno: Oh well, I just hope I made a difference and prevented a few more bettas from possibly suffering.

Hi juliethegr8t :)

If she's almost 13 she's old enough to get on her computer and join us on the forum. :nod:

I hope you gave her our address. Some of the younger members are quite knowledgeable about fish, and once she joins, I'm sure she'll soon become one of them. :thumbs:

i think the internet is amazing. when i started my hubby and i boiught a tank just kinda beause we wanted too. ever since i cant stop learning all about different fish and amaze my hubby almost everyday with what ive learned in a few months. and almost everything was online research,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back