Short Body Zen Zhou
VG020.jpg

Red Fire Dragon
VG026.jpg

Golden Coin
VG030.jpg

A Type of Kamfa Mermaid - from here
KF8019.jpg

how can no one know what makes a flowerhorn or BP? wouldnt someone have to for them not to die off?

the breeders of these fish have been crossbreeding them for years, so unless they keep very accurate records it would be hard to say exactly what species are found in each type of flowerhorn. also, if they told you what they used to create a flowerhorn, then instead of spending hundreds of dollars buying from them you could simply crossbreed your own. ;)

a short list of species that are used in the creation of various types of flowerhorns are A. trimaculatus, A. labiatus, A. citrinellus, A. festae, H. cyanoguttatus, H. carpintis, P. synspilum, P. bifasciatum and after seeing that mermaid in the bottom pic I'd guess either P. zonatus or P. regani. I'm sure there are still many more species that are involved but these are a few that you'll definitely see traits of. :)

oh and someone was asking about the difference between blood parrots and jellybean parrots. blood parrots are a cross of red devil/midas and a severum while a jellybean is the cross of a blood parrot and a pink convict. out of the first set of pics, the bottom 3 of blood parrots the only one that definitely looks died to me is the middle one. the other 2 could very well be naturally colored. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back