Type of eggs?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

What species is the albino? They can be bronze, peppered, and I think one or two other species. If your albino is a peppered, you have 2 cories of the same species and if one is male and the other female.........
Oh I didnā€™t know this I thought albino was itā€™s own species, thanks. Iā€™m not too sure what species it is.

The albino cory is just deformed from a genetic defect. It will live out its life as it has done. Albinos aren't always blind but you should assume it is and try not to move things around in the tank. The fish will learn the tank and if you move stuff it might swim into something and injure itself.

If all the eggs have gone pink then maybe the original pink ones were from an earlier spawning.

Hi! Yeah, that poor albino is pretty badly deformed - ideally it would be best not to breed from that fish at all anyway. But the other one from the screenshot doesn't look like a peppered cory to me! Not sure at all what it looks like, any chance you could try to get some clearer photos please? @DoubleDutch whaddya think?

What other fish do you have in the tank? Because both peppered and bronze (the more common species in albino varieties you find in the hobby) lay white eggs. This is an interesting mystery!

I believe the albino might be blind and has some sort of back problem. I canā€™t get a photo of the peppered as it swims away to quick I hope this screenshot from a video is enough.View attachment 163100
Ooohh, you said screenshot from a video - the video upload function here doesn't work, but if you upload the vid on youtube and link it here, we can see that and check out the other cory :)

Hi! Yeah, that poor albino is pretty badly deformed - ideally it would be best not to breed from that fish at all anyway. But the other one from the screenshot doesn't look like a peppered cory to me! Not sure at all what it looks like, any chance you could try to get some clearer photos please? @DoubleDutch whaddya think?

What other fish do you have in the tank? Because both peppered and bronze (the more common species in albino varieties you find in the hobby) lay white eggs. This is an interesting mystery!
Sorry there was a pic allready. (missed that one) That's an aeneus to me.

No the albino one. The other one seems to be a C.paleatus on first sight.
Fair enough! :D
I wonder why the eggs are turning pink? Is there something in the water? Haven't heard of that happening with cory eggs before. Certainly not with bronzes or peppered.

All male other fish, guppie, betta and freshwater clam +random snails. Hereā€™s some more photos of what I think is a peppered Cory and the eggs today, some are missing and have like a white cloudy thing around them. Thanks everyone for the help.

Attachments

• 6555ADFE-9E0D-49ED-AFD1-2707139DD206.jpeg
    6555ADFE-9E0D-49ED-AFD1-2707139DD206.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 67BEBFCF-B560-4DE4-AD45-46656C517238.jpeg
    67BEBFCF-B560-4DE4-AD45-46656C517238.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 069A52BC-8B4D-4033-8470-4B22065BA1D1.jpeg
    069A52BC-8B4D-4033-8470-4B22065BA1D1.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 43
Hahahaha you made i an art to take pics that make everyone still doubt what fish we're looking at.
:lol:

In one of the new photos especially, I'd agree the back half looks like C.paleatus, but the front half doesn't! LOL. In shape, yes, but very dark head colouration in this one. :D
All male other fish, guppie, betta and freshwater clam +random snails. Hereā€™s some more photos of what I think is a peppered Cory and the eggs today, some are missing and have like a white cloudy thing around them. Thanks everyone for the help.

The missing eggs will have been eaten, and the ones that look as though they have a cloud around them are likely fungused, which often happens. But they don't appear to be fertile, and given that C.aeneus and C.paleatus can't interbreed anyway, they're not going to be fertile, I'm sorry.
May I ask what size tank it is? There's a bit of a dilemma here in that corydoras are a social fish that really need to be in groups of six or more. But paleatus prefer cooler water, which your betta wouldn't love (I have no idea about freshwater clam care I'm afraid) so while I'd usually suggest getting some more aeneus, assuming the tank is large enough, I wouldn't in your case since your current one is deformed, and it's really much better to avoid any chance of breeding from that one. So I'm torn on what to recommend. @Byron , any thoughts here?

What other fish are in the tank (other than the cories)? I would not assume these are cory eggs, not saying they are not, but may be.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back