Tyler's 90Gallon Reef Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I changed it... lol so theres two baffles at each location, and the one with the fingers is the one between fuge and pump to keep algae/chaeto from flowing to the pump.

I changed it... lol so theres two baffles at each location, and the one with the fingers is the one between fuge and pump to keep algae/chaeto from flowing to the pump.

It'll still look purdy...

I put peechurs up of things I understand. :look:

OK. Here is the sump Design. Now to just silicone it in place.

a508ddb5.jpg

-Tyler

Are the baffles made from acrylic?

You may find that they are too flexible to work properly under the weight of water.

Are the baffles made from acrylic?

You may find that they are too flexible to work properly under the weight of water.

They are polycarbonate.. basically just like acrylic. They are quite stiff. Id imagine that once all three chambers are full they are all pushing forces against each other... What do you think of the layout?

-Tyler

Great start Tyler :good: I know you're the one who's givin' me a lot of advice but just wanted to say good start from my researh :lol: I have wanted to see a 90 gallon build for a while because that is the size you start to have the PERFECT(almost) mini-reef where it can almost sustain itself. To me that is the one of the best parts about reefing :)

Best parts about reefing-

1.Beauty
2.The interesting ecosystem
3.Diversity of the animals and their behavior.

90 gallon tanks start to make that more possible than any smaller tank in my opinion...

I expect alot of good things :lol: :good:

Check out newyorksteelo's 90g on youtube work of art :)

Keep it up and thanks for all the advice :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Maybe, until you get the new light, you see how many different zoa and paly morphs you can get, that would be cool!

That is a lot of work to find a TON of zoas like that hehe. We will start working on the rocks tomorrow and fill up the tank!

Here is the latest on the sump. Water test went AWESOME! No leaks, everything flows really great. This is not the light that will stay in here. I will get something that properly clips on stronger.

446cc660.jpg

-Tyler

I do plan on packing in a lot of cool stuff, but I wanna just take it slow enough so when I finally do upgrade the lights.... I can get everything placed accordingly.

-Tyler

Cool what sizes do they have, for 29g???

Brand???

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back