Two New Forum Moderators Chosen

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What defines a moderator? I'm just curious how you pick one! :)
Congrats to the new mods! :D

Well done to both of you, and please be gentle
yay.gif

Blondielovesfish said:
What defines a moderator? I'm just curious how you pick one!
smile.png

I would think it would be by secret ballet within the moderating team, but yes it would be interesting to know the criteria ;)

Blondielovesfish said:
What defines a moderator? I'm just curious how you pick one!
smile.png

Congrats to the new mods!
biggrin.png

A whole mixture of things, ranging from the type of posting and general attitude, which is probably the most important criteria to actually moderate, along with a level of knowledge (I at no point claim to be an expert, but have enough knowledge to either know when there's a problem or to be able to find out if something looks suspicious). Then there's the usual vague criteria of what type of person the team needs to complement it, which can sometimes mean that people get asked before others and can be as simple as the geography of time zones.

My congratulations to the new mods as well, welcome to the team.

May I say a very good choice of moderators!

Congrats guys, and enjoy the POWER :D

Excelent news and my congratulations to both of you.

Congratulations to both of you! Have seen posts by both and think your new roles are well-deserved! Nice to see one from each side of the Atlantic! lol

Have to admit that if I had been told to choose two new mods, those two would certainly have been in my top choices. Congratulations guys :)

I would think it would be by secret ballet within the moderating team, but yes it would be interesting to know the criteria
wink.png
haha - does that mean they all wear tutus and pirouette behind closed doors? lol

Mamashack said:
I would think it would be by secret ballet within the moderating team, but yes it would be interesting to know the criteria ;)
haha - does that mean they all wear tutus and pirouette behind closed doors? lol
Ha ha ha ha!! By good :D

Very!!! Not by lol

That's funny is what that is!

Both have helped me already in my relatively short time as an aspiring aquarists - congrats to both!

Mamashack said:
I would think it would be by secret ballet within the moderating team, but yes it would be interesting to know the criteria
wink.png
Darn, we've been rumbled ;)

Personally, I thought lock_man's performance was the most amazing I've ever seen.  For a big man, he's very.... graceful. 
yes.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back