We have a new moderator.....introducing CaptainBarnicles

Yup, I don't think I ever stood a chance with these plec-lovers 🧐

and don't forget, you're still in the probationary period so you better start liking Plecos 😉

Last edited:
1705357920225.png

For my new colleague...

I'm not sure how many mods are going to be needed to try to fill @WhistlingBadger 's shoes. We're up to four new feet now, which only works if he really is an elk.

Not that being a wild elk would be a problem - I've learned the mods here are a pretty easy going bunch.
Took two to replace one ? The Whistler must be a dynamo .

I'm not sure how many mods are going to be needed to try to fill @WhistlingBadger 's shoes. We're up to four new feet now, which only works if he really is an elk.

Not that being a wild elk would be a problem - I've learned the mods here are a pretty easy going bunch.

I hadn't seen that @WhistlingBadger is stepping down as a mod - I can understand, he's a busy man with lots of activities and hobbies too, but hope he'll still he around as a member, like @Wills ?

You'd better both still be around when you can/want to be!! You're both loved, valued and appreciated, and thanks for the time you also both spent herding cats to keep us all roughly in line and the forum running! :flowers:
I know an excellent establishment that would take them off your hands, they call themselves Yo Sushi!
My Ziggy and Stardust (I was told they were L183 Starlight plecs when I got them, turned out to be L181's once matured and could tell the difference, but names stuck) are personally offended! They don't bother no one, just hide away in their own preferred driftwood spots, occasionally snuffling round for food and always giving me a happy feeling when I spot one suckered to the glass!
Feeding time at Fishmanic’s diner
View attachment 334905

Not to backseat moderate or anything, but @Fishmanic , it almost seems as though you may be deliberately trying to provoke our new moderator with all these photos of plecos and threatening to send them to her... no bullying the new mod! :p;)

Is that an aspidora I see in there, BTW?? Also, what kind of plec?

Oh yeah, on topic, congratulations/thank you/sorry for what you're gonna have to deal with, @CaptainBarnicles ! Another great mod choice! Apart from the pleco hatred, and we all have our little flaws and foibles, a lovely person who I'm sure will only sweep that banhammer around when needed, and otherwise be a lovely addition and help Essjay when dealing with the UK/Europe time zone. It's wise to have mods from a few different time zones with an international forum, very sensible.

Most reactions

trending

Back