Two Filters Or Not.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Floating plants are great for most aquariums as this brings many benefits, would suggest water lettuce, frogbit or silvinia natans as they grow fast and easily as well as absorbing ammonia and nitrate.

Cool you have swords in the tank already, looked liked anubias of sort to me, my mistake :lol:

Root tabs are great for those, liquid C02 I’ve never used so will leave that for others to comment but liquid ferts will help the anubias as their leaves and roots feeds from the water column.

Liquid CO2 should not be used in a tank with fish. Most brands have glutaraldehyde as the active ingredient and this is a powerful disinfectant used to sterilise surgical equipment and in embalming fluid. Even a tiny overdose can kill fish and even plants.

Many of us will not use liquid CO2 simply because of the long term effects on the fish.

Liquid CO2 should not be used in a tank with fish. Most brands have glutaraldehyde as the active ingredient and this is a powerful disinfectant used to sterilise surgical equipment and in embalming fluid. Even a tiny overdose can kill fish and even plants.

Many of us will not use liquid CO2 simply because of the long term effects on the fish.

Really? My local shop told me it's a must to use it! :O

Never believe anything a shop tells you..........

First lesson of fish keeping :)

Never believe anything a shop tells you..........

First lesson of fish keeping :)
Im learning now! Updated photo of how the tank looks now!

Attachments

• BE617DC9-24CA-4354-AFA7-BB6D8A51A9B7.jpeg
    BE617DC9-24CA-4354-AFA7-BB6D8A51A9B7.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 41

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back