Two Bettas In One Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mr130gallon

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i DO NOT plan on doing this. dont worry, but how big of a tank do you think you would need, and would you need an impressive amount of vegitation, or what.

no, i mean them living together, in harmony because they have enough territory and enough cover that they wouldnt always see eachother. i actually was going to try two bettas in my 130 gallon tank, but i decided against it because i dont want to cause any more deaths than i already have.

I've heard of a community of 7 males and 24 females living together in a 13ft tank.

Hardly seems worth it tbh.

wow, thats huge... and would you need a large amount of males, and females? or what. i dont really know how they act in the wild.

YOu got more chance of females getting on, if you put a couple in, if you have a big enough tank with a lot of hiding places, I can't see why it wouldn't work. But it's a hit and missed x

and i hope most people wouldnt want to try and see how many they can fit in an aquarium before they kill each other.

and i hope most people wouldnt want to try and see how many they can fit in an aquarium before they kill each other.

My LFS, which I thought had 3 girls in a 18ltr, turned out to have 8 girls in there. A few were hiding under pebbles :crazy:

Although, their tails were tatty, poor things

well females can live together, if done correctly, but males cant unless you have a rediclously huge tank.

I have 3 females living together in peace, as long as there is enough hiding places and plants, etc, they should be ok x

as long as they have a massive territory each should be ok, sumin like 6foot with 2 could work occasional confrontations but with lots of plants ect could be fine

would need carm ish bettas not really aggressive ones

I found this on youtube. They have lived together for a year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGGc7ahaH4A

Missy x.

I found this on youtube. They have lived together for a year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGGc7ahaH4A

Missy x.

The blue betta is bullying the other one, they may live together 'ok' but think of the stress the orange one is being put through. Guaranteed it's life expectancy won't be very long.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back