TV watching....what service(s) do you use for your TV watching

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

what service(s) do you use for TV watching....click all that apply.

• Cable TV

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Youtube TV

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • PS Vue

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Directv satellite

• Directv Now streaming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fubo TV

• Hulu

• Netflix

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sling TV

• Dish Network

• Tv via an antenna

• Amazon Prime

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Other...post details

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • We don’t watch tv in our household

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I am very curious as to how our members receive their tv media. Cable TV can be expensive. Streaming tv services are growing as many people are "cutting the cord." Satellite tv is an option for some people.

Do you subscribe to a streaming service or do you subscribe to cable tv or satellite? Or perhaps you watch tv via rabbits ears or larger antenna. Perhaps you use multiple services. Please respond to this poll.

You may click on more than one answer if you use multiple means of receiving tv media.

Feel free to make a post with more details if you wish.

Last edited:
During the Tropical Storm last week we couldn’t get satellite and I was wanting to watch the weather. Dawned on me that I had a 14” TV with rabbit ears in the kids playroom so they could watch DVD’s. Actually picked up the local channels and we were back in the know!

I have tried out almost every service listed in the poll except satellite. After weighing costs and benefits of each, I settled on mainly Youtube TV and reception via an antenna. I receive 70 channels via Youtube TV and I get around 40 channels (30 worth watching) via rabbit ears antenna. I used to subscribe to cable but the costs were skyrocketing. At one point I was paying $140 a month for cable tv and internet access. I am now paying $30 for internet access per month (1 year deal) and $50 a month for Youtube TV...a total of $80 per month. All my streaming is done via a roku device...no more cable box rentals. I own my own modem and router...no rental fees.

I occasionally will subscribe to HBO Now (via Roku) if there is really something I want to watch. Right now I bought a month of HBO for $15 so I could watch Chernobyl...I highly recommend watching it. Once in a great while I will rent a movie via VUDU on a Roku device.

Last edited:
We use an aerial, though our son (who is temporarily living with us while the house buying process chugs along) uses Amazon streaming service with our TV. Once he moves out we'll be back to the aerial only.
In the UK, aerial is the cheapest option. We have to buy a TV licence every year, but virtually everything via an aerial is free. It's cable, satellite, streaming services you have to pay for on top of the licence.

To be honest we watch very little TV, we watch mainly DVDs.

I'm still on Sky (satellite). Been threatening to cut the cord for a while because the pricing is outrageous but haven't got around to it yet. I do have a Roku and Firestick but don't subscribe to any services (other than Amazon Prime).

I have experimented with several of the <coff> alternative streaming services. I have proved that I can watch pretty much any channel in the world, as well as new movies but the streaming speed / quality is somewhat variable and you can't exactly complain when you aren't paying anything :whistle:

Our cable comes from a company called "DTV". I don't see why that would be of interest, but then, this thread is a bit on the edge of weird already.

Cable TV. My Wi-Fi is so bad out here, sometimes I can’t even get on TFF! If I’m uploading a lot of pictures, I have to go to a McDonalds, lol. :whistle:

I forgot that I also use Netflix through my daughter. :hey:

well Deanasue...you can enter more than one selection in the poll..so add Netflix....I think you might have chosen HULU by mistake...please check your selections.

Our cable comes from a company called "DTV". I don't see why that would be of interest, but then, this thread is a bit on the edge of weird already.
Would DTV be the same as Directv? If so, select it in the poll.

I use the local fiber optics provider- that wasn't an option on your poll.
I've tried the big cable and dish companies, only to have them try and stick it to me on billing- above and beyond normal price increases, for example, billing me for services I didn't order, and refusing to remove them.
I also have Netflix and Amazon Prime, but mostly it's my wife and kids who watch. I'm to busy working and taking care of critters.

Most reactions

trending

Back