Turtles And Cichlids?

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
So this tank I am looking to get comes with turtles. its a 140 gal with 6'x18"x 24". My husband has been asking for turtles. I know its weird haha. What do you think about keeping turtles with large cichlids in a 140 Cal tank? It could work right?
 
It can work, but it depends on specifics, i.e similar sized none aggressive fish/turtles,
Filtration needs to be at its max as turtle waste is much more solid compared to that of fish, and I would be aiming for at least 10x turnover,

What cichlids were you thinking of? and what species of turtles are they?
 
I'm just thinking. I agree filtering would be the main problem. Thanks.
 
when i was researching turtles for when i had one, i read that you need good lighting for them, and obviously a basking area.
 
my sister has two turtles,think there map turts,not up on them at all, she has my salvini in with them without any issues,been around 1year maybe longer,but as said filteration needs to be good and waterchanges keep up with,need somewhere for them to get out,maybe a docking area which you can buy to stick on side of glass,or design tank and sylicone some glass areas to get out of the water,need basking lights etc..
 

Most reactions

Back
Top