Turning Up Reg Pressure

Royston

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to turn my psi up on my regulator due to not enough pressure to push through my inline atomiser , I have the JBL reg and I think you can turn it up with Allen key but how instant is it as I've turned it a quarter turn and no difference or am I doing something wrong....

If your co2 is on and your inline is upto pressure, turning up the reg should be instant results.
This should reflect on your bubble counter?
What have you turned yours upto? My reg needed to be at 3bar before the inline would function properly.

It's on 1.5 bar at the moment and I can't turn the bubbles up as not enough pressure.. I'm not sure if I'm turning the black Allen key nut right

Slowly turn up your reg until you get a bubble count and your inline starts working. Like I said, be expected to turn it up as high as 3 bar. Inlines require high pressure to function.
Royston said:
It's on 1.5 bar at the moment and I can't turn the bubbles up as not enough pressure.. I'm not sure if I'm turning the black Allen key nut right
watch the dial as your turning the allen key. This should be a give away to whether or not your turning it the right way

I'm turning the Allen key nut but the pressure doesn't seem to go up or down and worried I may break it if I turn to hard

Are you sure that nut is for turning the pressure up? Some regs have set pressures and are un adjustable.

I'm sure it is meant to . This is the nut I'm turning on the JBL reg
875a4d0ce6075b63131c2a67cf1e0378_zps76a7b59b.jpg

Im not sure that is a pressure adjustment valve. Im not 100% sure as iv never used JBL myself. Usually the adjustment valve is on the front. Plus when you turn it up or down this should immediately reflect on the gauge.
Google your reg model, make sure it is indeed adjustable
Tbh the more I look at the pic, the more it just looks like a place to bolt in an extra gauge or needle valve, not a pressure adjustment valve.

Found the instructions online but very vague ...it says it is adjustable but no further instructions on turning it up,
Don't want to turn that nut now as you said it could possibley be for spare dial......
32d7fe5e6858e6b7cb541dd69e363d17_zps2159c714.jpg

Royston said:
Found the instructions online but very vague ...it says it is adjustable but no further instructions on turning it up,
Don't want to turn that nut now as you said it could possibley be for spare dial......
32d7fe5e6858e6b7cb541dd69e363d17_zps2159c714.jpg
Very vague indeed. Its like their saying "This reg can be adjusted but where not going to tell you how" lol You sure the big knob type thing in the center of the reg dont turn?
Just did a quick google search and all I could find is the informatio above. Very frustrating.
Might be worth emailing JBL themselves?

Found it........ :) there's a black 5mm cap on the end of the big knob thingy.. Took it off with a knife and the Allen key nut is in there

Happy days. I assume you got your inline working now?

Fluval bubble counter. It has locking nuts so it cant leak:)

Most reactions

trending

Back