Turkey Baster feeding of Dwarf Frog?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

brogham

Reaction score
I recently added an African Dwarf frog to my tank and have not seen him feed yet(its been 4 days)! I have read most of the posts on the forums and was intrigued with the idea a few people had with feeding these creatures with a turkey baster to insure they are getting food. I have tried the methods of sinking pellets near the frog's hiding areas, and feeding with the tank lights off.

After reading about feeding the guys with a turkey baster I went out and bought one. This may sound ridiculous, but I couldn't figure out exactly how to (a) insert the bloodworms in the baster....i.e. do you suck up a lil tank water, then suck the worms into the baster?...or drop the worms into an empty baster? and (B) If the baster is empty, do you just plunge it into the water and squeeze the air out along with the worms? I tried it this way and it seemed the worms flew out and then floated to the top.....

I know it can't be as complicated as I am making it. Could one of you turkey baster feeders out there explain exactly how you are feeding from it?

Danke

:lol: You are making it hard on yourself...

I get a small plastic cup and fill it half way up with tank water. I then add the food in the cup, stir it up a little, then suck the water+food up in the turkey baster, then squirt it in the water. :D

what type of bloodworms are you using?? frozen, dried, live....

if you use frozen then they'll sink. put a small cube in a cup pour in tank water, suck up water/worms, place baster in tank 4 inches above frog and squeze very gently, they'll fall in front of the frog and all hell will break loose......

be carefull only 15 worms for a 1 inch frog, take a look at mine (next to member name) he eats 15-20 once a week. if you feed them too much their liver fails and they blow up like a purple baloon and er well yes it isn't pretty.

yes i learned the hard way. :sick:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back