Tumor or cyst?

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 22, 2019
Messages
523
Reaction score
209
Points
43
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
So I have been out for a few days from home and gave the responsibility to my older brother to keep with the tank, and I don’t think it turned out well. I noticed one of my severums has what looks like a cyst. Not sure if it was an open sore that got infected.. I am about to do a large water change, but besides that, would medication be needed?
 

Attachments

  • 22807A12-FB08-40C5-AB01-A540692812CF.webp
    22807A12-FB08-40C5-AB01-A540692812CF.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 7E95C1E5-8321-4FC4-9831-41CA4D543C52.webp
    7E95C1E5-8321-4FC4-9831-41CA4D543C52.webp
    133.6 KB · Views: 163
It could be a small sore.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks. If you do a water change while using salt, add salt to the new water before adding it to the tank so the salinity (salt level) remains stable.

If there's no improvement after a week with salt, post more pictures.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top