Tt's Axolotl Adventure

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thanks jag, I think so too.
Great news: the golden one is spending more time lodged under things at the bottom and is beginning to float less. They are both putting on much needed weight. :D They seem to enjoy each other's company save for several minor scuffles over food and stuff.
I think one of four things I happening:
1) more oxygen in water makes them stop floating
2) less cover at the surface due to removal of tall plastic plants motivates them to find cover at the bottom
3) the plastic plants were leaching a chemical or something in the water that made them float
4) the plants are consuming nitrates or other nutrients that were causing them to float
My advice to anyone who has had similarly floating axolotls is to get more live plants
Family Photo Time:

They're all back up again, I'm over caring, I'm happy to let them go wherever they want at this point . :fun:
More plants have gone in and I've added some moss to help combat the algae scum.
I put some tape over the edges to hide the ugly glassy bits. Turned out alright:

Nice TT :nod:

Liked your theory that the plants may have been benefitting the axi's to help them submerge to the bottom of tank.

I like the 'floating' wood cave :good:

Most reactions

Back