Trigon Island 190

I absolutely love it! :drool:

This is my goal; to have a tank that looks as good as this one day...
I may be waiting a few years. :lol:

Thanks Josh, i'm sure you'll come up trumps with your planted tank!

You never know, I may be a dark horse... :shifty:

I liked the Riccia... Was more wild... We'll see how this pans out, though. :good:

You did do that competition shoot, right? I still have to get my pictures ready for the ASW competition if that deadline hasn't passed already. I think it was March.

Liz

I got really fed up with the weekly trimming session. The Riccia is still on my windowsill just in-case ;)

Yeah i have entered this for the European aquascaping comp and ASW. We'll see, i'm not expecting great things, but it's be good to see what the panel says.

Lol. Just read through your journal hoping for a snippet of info but you keep secrets. Will ask you at the end of this post ;)

If there's anything i have bought for my planted tanks that have helped, is long scissors and long tweezers. They make life a lot easier.

Nope buying a second set makes life easier. Buying one set makes life frustrating :) Then when I leave the first set lying around somewhere I curse and get the second set out the cupboard. lol. I have resisted the urge to buy a third set although it is often needed :)

My current pruning kit consists of a pair of my kids paper scissors and a pair of the missus tweezers lol.
Kids nail scissors and fingers are what I use when I can't find my tools (see above)

So Ian. Where do you get your CO2 refilled. Just sourcing bits and bobs to build mine and wondered if you use the chap opposite the Aquarium? I can handle walking there and back with a FE over my shoulder. 5 minutes walk and all that. I'm glad I moved to Beirut now. lol

Oh and good move getting the Riccia out. I know some like it. I did for a while but went of it quickly. All a bit 'fluffy' for my liking :)

AC

lol at the second pair of scissors.

I didn't realise the C02 refill was across the road! I knew it was near by, but not across the road! lol. Kev from the aquarium has been refilling at price for me, as i have been a constant supply of Riccia for him. He must be the one that does the FE for £15 then. I normally have my backpack on when taking it for a refill and watch the roads very carefully! :lol:

Copied from UKaps:

Lindum Fire Services LTD
location : Unit 7 Newporte Business Park, Cardinal Close, Lincoln, LN2 4SY
Tel : 01522 540519
Services : 2KG bottle filled £3 Ask for Tom To arrange filling , will fill for you there and then if the opperator is there if not drop of and pick up next day
Date Added/Updated : Jan 27, 2010

Full list here:
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4612

When I had pressurised before I went the disposable route. Being a non driver and also couldn't find anyone to refill. However this place is quite literally a 5 minute walk up the road for me :)

I suppose they would do your JBL one as well :) Worth a ring to see. However if Kev is doing it cheap any way then no problem. Gonna have to alter the base of my cabinet to fit an FE in though. Some redesign of the shelving in order so I can route the FE diameter in the bottom. lol

AC

:good: I'm sure that'll be the one that Kev uses. I can't complain for £8 a refill, when MA are charging £20!

I'm sure you'll be able to muster up a cabinet redesign. If i found anything going cheap i'll give you a shout.

won't clutter your journal any more but it won't need much redesign, just alter the interior and rout a hole for an FE to go through.

AC

stunning tank mate . id be well chuffed to gave something that good in my living room :good:

thanks Mark, it is nice to just sit and watch at night, when i have finished work. It's great to watch the Cardinals chasing each other through the leaves. The new wild gouramis are also good to watch, the male is really up for it at the moment. Then theres the cory's and shrimp to watch. Theres always something going on.

I can honestly say, that planted tanks are the best! lol

I have not caught up with this thread for quite a while, Ian I am speechless it is an amazing tank :good: nice work.

Regards onebto.

thanks Ian! You'll have to turn your spare trigon into a planted tank!

The tank's looking great Ian.

I've just ordered a pair of long scissors and tweezers off Ebay, hoping they'll make life loads easier.

Most reactions

Back