Badger's 150g Rainbowfish Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm so jealous!!! Your aquarium is perfection!! I agree with others you need to enter this aquarium in one of the monthly contests. I've never seen a Boeseman's Rainbowfish! Good choice on this fish they are breathtakingly beautiful on video. Their vibrant colors contrast against eachother. Simply perfection!

I'm so jealous!!! Your aquarium is perfection!! I agree with others you need to enter this aquarium in one of the monthly contests. I've never seen a Boeseman's Rainbowfish! Good choice on this fish they are breathtakingly beautiful on video. Their vibrant colors contrast against eachother. Simply perfection!
I can't enter it in the contests because it isn't at my home. :( Thanks for the kind words, though!

Well, I started removing hardscape and bigger plants last night, and I'm rehoming the fish and tearing down today. So, time to shut down this journal.

Stay tuned for the 150g Rio Negro Flooded Rain Forest Journal, coming soon to a fish forum near you!

Got some nice video of the rainbow tank today. 3 years in, I'm still having fun with it, and it's still going strong! I'm telling you, these dirted tanks are ridiculously stable once you get them going the right direction.

It's funny--I tore down my other tanks because they were so stable I got bored with them. This one is different though. I think it's because it's in a dentist's office, a public place where people tend to be kind of stressed or even scared. The office manager has told me over and over how much the kids enjoy it. Adults too. That makes all that mundane tank maintenance feel a lot more important. It's fun knowing that other people enjoy one's work. :)

Setup:
Dirt under black sand substrate
Eheim pro 3 canister filter
Low-mounted powerhead for extra current
6,000K LED light fixture

Stocking:
Goyder River Banded Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia trifasciata "Goyder River")
Red Irian Rainbowfish (Glossolepis incisus)
Yellow Rainbowfish (Melantaenia herbertaxelrodi)
Wapoga "Red Laser" Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia rubrivittata)
Boeseman's Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia boesemani)
Threadfin Rainbowfish (Iriatherina weneri)
Feeder Guppy (Poecilia sp.)
Panda Garra (Garra flavatra)
Zebra Loach (Botia striata)
Emerald Cory (Corydoras splendens)

Plants:
Amazon Sword (Echinodorus grisebachii)
Dwarf Sagittaria (Sagittaria subulata)
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Alternanthera reineckii
Java Fern (Microsorum pteropus)
Dwarf Lily (Nymphaea sp.)

Cheers--
Thomas
That’s a beautiful tank. I love the blue and orange fish…looks like someone has been dipping them in blue paint 😀

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back