Trigon Island 190

Great! :hyper:
It's nice to see you've found the only person in the world that likes water changes to do the job. :lol:

the wife and myself have a baby on the way. It's going to be with us in August, all being well.
Congratulations Ian :thumbs:

I will be removing the horrid Juwel backing (which i spent most of this thread trying to cover up.
You mean the 3D background. Good decision, it doesn't quite fit with the rest of the scape somehow. A plain black background may work a lot better IMO.

Right, scape is coming down soon.It's going to be best to get a re-scape started within the next month.
More details please :D

thanks Carl. I bought the tank over a year ago now and wated a bio-tope kind of look. These backgrounds are great for that IMO. But if you're wanting to rescape the tank, it just won't work. I just hope i can get the blasted stuff off OK.

as for details, you'll just have to wait. lol.

thanks Mark, it is nice to just sit and watch at night, when i have finished work. It's great to watch the Cardinals chasing each other through the leaves. The new wild gouramis are also good to watch, the male is really up for it at the moment. Then theres the cory's and shrimp to watch. Theres always something going on.

I can honestly say, that planted tanks are the best! lol

i agree ian planted tanks are the most pleasing on the eye when done well. its just that id never been brave enough to try it seriously , until now that is

see ya, Trigon Island!

byebye.jpg

Gutted... Oooo, you are vicious. I like, I like...

Lolol, Endor looks far worse, though.

:lol:

She deserved it! Lol

cannot wait to start hacking away at that god awful background!

Do you want some Leonardite to sprinkle under the new substrate?

And don't forget to chop that nasty Juwel internal out too :lol:

AC

I had already bought some Leonardite, i wouldn't have bothered if i knew you had some spare! Oh well.

and yes the Juwel filter is coming out and being replaced with an All Pond Solutions external. I must say though, i'm only getting rid of the Juwel filter for aesthetic reasons. As a filter i have had no problems at all.

I have my scape all planned out. Plants are coming on Friday. Hopefully i can make the scape work in a corner tank. :look:

and yes the Juwel filter is coming out and being replaced with an All Pond Solutions external. I must say though, i'm only getting rid of the Juwel filter for aesthetic reasons. As a filter i have had no problems at all.

I never had any issues with the Juwel internal either but having that extra bit of space and not the ugly black box in the corner is much nicer!

Enjoyed reading up until now, can't wait to see what you've got planned for it! :hyper:

Also, huge congrats on the baby! :D :fun:

Thanks Cazzie, sleepless nights ahoy!

Which APS have you gone for Ian?

The 1000EF, I was gonna get the 1400, but the filter won't fit under the cabinet. So the powerhead will still be running as well. There has been some good reviews about these filters. I have only read one bad review, but that was about SunSun filters which come from the same factory apparently.

Thanks Cazzie, sleepless nights ahoy!
Indeed! I can't remember the last time I had a decent night's sleep. Even when the youngest sleeps through, I don't! I wake up anyway, wondering why she hasn't woken up yet! :rolleyes: this going to be number 2 or number 3?

The 1000EF, I was gonna get the 1400, but the filter won't fit under the cabinet. So the powerhead will still be running as well. There has been some good reviews about these filters. I have only read one bad review, but that was about SunSun filters which come from the same factory apparently.
The only thing I disliked about mine was the spray bar wasn't long enough. But I fixed that. And it leaked when I first got it. But that's because it doesn't tell you that you have to fit the UV, even if you're not going to use it! Soon as I did that, problem sorted. I'd definitely buy another if I had another tank to sort out. I think it's just a shame that they only do those 3 sizes. Could probably do with a 500 and a 3000 as well, IMO. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back