Train Photos

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nells250

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm an odd-ball female... I like things like cars and machines. So it wasn't all that shocking for me to get into trains around 2003, thanks to my boyfriend.

Since then, I've been taking photos of local rail activity. Alas, most of the old-timer railfans I have known have passed away, and I can't relate at all to the younger crop.

Anyhoo, since people are posting their art and photos, here are a few of my pics.

ShirleyPOED10.25.16_10.jpg

POED_Westford_3.1.16_12.jpg

Ayer12.27.16_19.jpg

AYMO2.20.10L.jpg

That must have been quite a sight! I am a bit behind in what's going on in the rail-world since I stopped getting TRAINS magazine and all the railfans died off :-(

I’m not really into trains, but knowing what that was, I took the time to check it out… ironically my wife and I saw it again in Duluth a couple days later

You can buy a train model "BIG BOY" 0 scale engine from Lionel. It sells for about $2700. Model railroading can be a VERY expensive hobby.

Last edited:
Got THAT right! It is one reason my little N scale layout never really took off. That and I don't mix well with electricity!

There are lots of real train videos on youtube. Also you can view excellent model railroading train layouts. Cast the video to your huge TV screen and enjoy.

Here is a 555 piece 3D puzzle of a train locomotive I assembled. The wheel linkages, gears, and wheels move. It has an elastic band motor and actually can be wound up and it will run along a wooden track.
IMG_3074.jpeg

Last edited:
My dad has been into steam trains for as long as I can remember. We're based in the UK so ours look a little different to the one you've posted. He makes model trains too, it's such intricate work! He's been building his own layout for years but never seems to make much progress sadly! Where my parents live they often run steam trains through some of the stations and you can go on them. I think it's all done by volunteers. I've also seen the Flying Dutchman go through my local station but sadly no pictures. The old trains are really impressive to look at.

Is model railroading expensive? what do you think this layout would cost today

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back