Top Reasons To Use Sand Over Gravel

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what are the best reasons to get sand and the top reasons not to get sand?????????????? :unsure:

:good:

Sand can get messy, but does look better overall. Gravel easier to clean in my opinion, but I guess everyone's different.

Sand is a pain in butt to clean, dont care what everone says, tried it (many times) cant stand it. Gravel is preferable, I like the very small fine gravel.

Gravel is better for plants.

Unlike sand where it covers every square millimeter of the roots, gravel allows open spaces for nutrients to get in.

IMO, sand looks better with gravel scattered on top.

-FHM

For sand: It's cheap and corydoras like it.

Against sand: It gets into HOB filters and chews up the impellers. It won't stay in one place, but tends to pile up on itself while leaving bare spots of glass bottom in others.

Fish can't dig in gravel.

Come tell my keyholes. They keep carrying small rocks from one tank to the other. Cheeky monsters!

Sand does look really nice, but I prefer the look of dark gravel. (although now i've said this someone will say you can get dark sand!)

I also use dark fine gravel, don't no why just like it i guess. I would like sand it does look nicer, but i think in the long run - im better off with gravel.

I changed from gravel to sand about 4 months ago,and find it a great improvement.

My corys love it, it looks better and ,in my opinion,its much easier to clean :good:

Sand looks great & is cheap.

Hard as heck to get plants to stay put in it... specially stem plants.

I've also witness that sand gets stuck between the edge of the silicon and the glass.

If you have black sand, like me, it can be a little unsightly unless you clean it, which is really hard to do.

-FHM

Sand does look really nice, but I prefer the look of dark gravel. (although now i've said this someone will say you can get dark sand!)

You know, you can get dark sand. :lol: I had to. :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back