Top Level Fish?

gmcdonald

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help? I currently have three bottom feeders, four black widows a dalmation molly and two angel fish.

The tank is pretty busy from the bottom to midway but I wondered if anyone could suggest a small colourful top level fish that will occupy the top of the tank to make use of the space??

You could get some zebra danios they are nice little zippy fish. :D or as tragic avenue suggested maybe some white cloud mountain minnows. HTH :thumbs:

I would suggest looking at killifishes - some are as colourfull as any fish.

Fancy Guppies are nice ..they're pretty much all around the tank but some like to be at the top.. and they come in a variety of beautiful colours. However it's best to keep a ratio of 2 or 3 males to 4-6 females..and Java moss, anacharis, amazon swords or floating ferns in case they breed...

enjoy :D

just to list a few: butterfly fish, upsidedown catfish,certain types of killfishes.

mooga said:
just to list a few: butterfly fish, upsidedown catfish,certain types of killfishes.
:blink: upside down catfish????

ummm they are not top swimmers, and they usually hide under rocks

Innes said:
:blink: upside down catfish????

ummm they are not top swimmers, and they usually hide under rocks
Well they are surface swimmers, at night when they are feeding, but you need to sit in pitch black room with night vision goggles to see them :lol:

For a nice brightly coloured surface dweller look at some of the panchax species, they are related to killies but grow a little larger than most and are more forgiving of water parameters.

Most reactions

Back