Top 3 most aggressive fish in your tank

Good idea, kribs. I'm interested to see how this turns out. I'm guessing a 10 would be anything you are afraid to put your hand in the tank with. OK, here goes;

Angels- Anywhere from a 2 for unpaired fish, to a 6 for breeding pairs. I've got a black in a hospital tank right now, wasn't smart enough to steer clear of a pair of spawning blacks. Half the fins missing, top of head swollen, half grey from scrapes & bashes, along with popeye. Not a pretty sight. "Rocky" is coming along nicly.

Bristlenose plecs- Mature males get a 4. They tussle pretty good, a bit of fin ripping. Had to split up a few of these.

Common plecs- A 3 for their veggie fights. At least they can stay in the same tank together.

Corys- 0. Never seen them get aggressive with anything.

Hope this helps!

Tolak
 
breeding convicts - 10
jewels - 9
Threadfin rainbows - 1

DD
 
Clown Triggerfish: 9(ish) --> He scares the crap out of me sometimes... now he's decided that it's fun to bite the glass and cords. The other day he looked at Kihei's (the piccasso trigger) tail and was just like, "Hmmm... you tick me off". *CHOMP!* I rarely put my hand in the tank now that I've transferred him in there. :X

Tiger Barbs: 7 --> Nasty little suckers... just picked on each other all day. (In a group of 6.)

Picasso Triggerfish: 6 --> Killed every living organism in the tank on the first day I put him in. :blink: He didn't even eat most of it... dead little bodies littered the floor of the tank... little brat. :rolleyes:
 
1) Hemibagrus wyckii (10) Its not called the black devil by natives for nothing, this fish will systamaticly dismantle any living creature that enters its tank, including your hands if your not quick.

2) Scleropages jardini (9) can be a pure phycho in a tank and has the jaw structure and power to rip other fish clean in half.

3) Tilapia buttikofferii (9) Extreemly mean and aggressive, the size and power of a New World Cichlid combined with the agility and speed of a African rift valley species.

4) Leporinus fasciatus (8 ) Territorially aggressive and will attack and kill larger and supposedly more aggressive fish, they can do horrific damage with their rabbit like teeth.

5) Mystus leucophasis (7) Territorially aggressive and not afraid to attack fish 4 times its size, can even be kept with aggressive Cichlids and hold its own.

6) Exodon paradoxus (7) Small but with a mean streak, once a fish has been singled out to be eaten its over in seconds, like mini pirahna on crack.

7) Hoplerythrinus unitaeniatus (7) A smaller cousin of the common wolf fish Hoplias malabaricus, prone to outbursts of pure aggression and can tear prey to bits with their razor sharp teeth.
 
I think what CFC really wants is a cool replacement hand :P
Tropical
1. Hannibal, my betta (4) He would have been a 1, but since he violently swallows whole moths in one gulp, I put it up to 4. He scares me. He sits there not moving, and he doesn't move unless I tap the glass......

Well. Thats me done. I only have one fish :lol:
 
i dont have any aggressive ones relly but the dwarf gourami is definmatley the boss
 
Only one aggressive fish in my tank a medium sized gold angel, now named "Serial Killer" his toll/score so far

2 small angels (he was their size at the time)
1 Bristlenose
At least 3 Guppies
Female Betta

how long have I had it 5-6 weeks

when do I wanna get rid of it? right now, unless you know a way to keep it calm?

Katchan
 
Don't have any agressive fish, thank god.
 
My plattys seem to be the most agressive in my tank. I think they are the ones that ate the dead fry that I found and spit it out... Theres smaller than the rest of my fish so they could fit places to find the fry that the other fish could not.... :sly:
 
Hmmm my tanks are pretty peacful really but her goes....

Firemouths and Blue acaras 8- always in a fight with 1 another flaring up constantly, any new mid swimmers get pushed into decor.

Red tail black shark 8- once he grew a bit he chased anything that wouldn't stand up for themselfs.

Dragon Goby 8- If anyone is in his way he ploughs throught them wiggling away.

BGK 7- sits in his spot all the time but if someone goes near him when he's eating they know about it.

RTG Arowana (asian) 7- quite a placid guy really but once foods in the tank he darts at it knocking poor Mr. Oscar out the way!!

Thats all i can think of really.
 
my betta it sed that they were comunity but its killed everything in my 10 gallon tank over night
 
Ok, I wouldnt call em mean, or even dodgy, but there is definitely a pecking order in my tank:

My betta beats my dwarf gouramis up
my dwarf gouramis chase my mollies
my mollies chase my 1 male guppy
my 1male guppy chases my rainbow danios

I think they love each other really - my cats and my sharks all get along well, as do my neons and cardinals.

If you want 3 most aggressive, I would put them in this order.

Mollies - 2
dwarf gouramis - 3
Betta - 4

Hope that helps :P
 
Dragon Goby 8- If anyone is in his way he ploughs throught them wiggling away

That has suprised me - I have an adult gobi dragon (about 12" long and very chunky) and he's a regular teddy bear. The rest of the fish wak (or swim) all over him and he doesn't bat an eyelid (if he had one).


A pair of cichlid jewels (really beautiful fish) 9 - they've already killed 4 other cichlids - all bigger than them

And of course my oscar 9 who killed 3 cichlids in the first week he was in the tank.

My cichlid tank is now no longer a cichlid tank because of these 3 fish :(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top