🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

messy

Reaction score
I thought I'd make a journal of my new tank now as its planted up

Hardscape:

new-3.jpg

new1.jpg

new-2.jpg

Took a trip to P*ts at Home the other day, and came back with far too many Tropica plants! I got 2 big Microsorium "narrow", 3 pots of Micranthemum umbrosum, and a pot of something I haven't heared of before but looks like Hydrocotyl. :rolleyes:

All planted up now, so here you go...

fallen3.jpg

Since the hardscape pics I've had to add some Aquasoil on the right, and some small pieces of rock to hold the Aquasoil back, and I have lowered the angle of the main branch. Also I had a play with the "roots" in the back left but you can't see them now anyway because of the umbrosum.

I've started it off with 1ml Brighty K and 1ml Step1 daily, along with 1bps CO2. It all looks a bit tacky and messy now but give it a month or two to get going... Just waiting to get some more Xmas Moss, HC and possibly a bit of Riccia to go around the rocks in the foreground

Tom

This is going to be amazing. :drool:

I love how it looks so natural - with the wood growing out of the rock, and that bit which looks like it has broken off. Wow. :good:

There's 6 Emerald Eye Rasbora and a bunch of Cherry Shrimp babies in there at the moment. The filter was already mature from another tank, so they went more or less straight in once everything settled down and water was fine. Will keep checking it though.

Tom

Very nice tank. I do however have a question. I see you have your diffuser connected up to another what seems like thin glass tube rather than having airline in the tank. Please may i ask where you aqquired this item :)

Many Thanks.

Hi Daz, I know the question is directed at Tom, yet I thought I would answer it anyway to save time.
It's sold at aquaessentials. I'm sure its this one.

Hi Daz, I know the question is directed at Tom, yet I thought I would answer it anyway to save time.
It's sold at aquaessentials. I'm sure its this one.

Thanks Fred, i even looked on the AE and couldnt see it :blush: that is incredibly cheap really considering the diffuser alone off eBay is around £5. Guess im going to have to buy one :)

Thanks for the link much appricated!!

Forgot to mention....stunning tank Tom. I look forward to seeing it's development. Do us 17year olds proud :D

A few days in now, and there's already noticable growth on the umbrosum and Hydrocotyl. The moss is getting lighter green tips now so thats starting to spread out too. I am thinking of getting some more stems, maybe Rotala "green" and/or Rotala indica/wallichi to go next to the Java fern.

I'm getting a weird film on the water surface at the moment which builds up fairly quickly, but I suppose that's just from the substrate or wood and will hopefully stop soon.

Time for some more pics. I've done 2 versions, at different focal lengths. I prefer the wider angle but I'm gonna need more backgroud for those :lol:

You can really see it starting to grow now:

Wide:
tank-58395.jpg

Not so wide:
tank-34783.jpg

I don't know whether I'll change the Java fern out for stems yet, but I think I might at some point. I'm not patient enough for these ferns!!

Tom

Looking great! :D

Yeah, the film is from the wood. I think its a side effect of the tannis? It's more noticable with manopi wood, anyway. Which is what i have :( lol

thats a lovely tank mate,weldone,I think what would make it look better is attach a little bit of java moss to the main branch to give it that more natural look to it.Other than that it looks brilliant. :good:

Weldone mate,
Ben.

Most reactions

Back