To Get The Fish I Want To Have In My 10gal I Might Have To Overstock I

Amberleaf

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 17, 2009
Messages
780
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Ontario, Canada (If you want to know my city you'r
Well, you may have heard of my 10-gallon tank.... right? :3 Well, even if you *haven't* then just keep reading ON.... ^^;

Last night, I moved my female Betta fish out of the tank and added in three new neon tetras. So, right now I have
3 mickey mouse platies,
4 neon tetras, and
1 white cloud minnow.

I still want to add in
3 white cloud minnows
3 guppies (2 females, 1 male).

And MAYBE some harlequin rasboras.... But since I don't know anything about them and how many there need to be in a group, I might as well just ask: What is the recommended group size for the harlequin rasbora? :3 (When I saw them at Big Al's they were really small fish and I'm guessing that it might look nice to have those in my tank?)

I definitely want to add in the WC minnows for my one other minnow, but.... Even though I really DO want the guppies, I'm not sure it's safe....

I'm already going to wait maybe a week or 2 before adding the minnows as I don't want to suddenly overload the bio-filter by adding, like, 6 - 8 new fish all at once. :D What is the recommended time to wait before adding more fish? :hyper:

Thanks! ^^; :thanks:
 
I think that is overstocked as is, considering one of those platies is going to give birth. What are you planning to do with the fry? They will certainly breed again. Same thing with the guppies.
 
I don't really know much about small tanks and little fish but would I think that would be overstocked.
 
I'm not planning to keep any of the fry, except maybe if some are pretty. :P Pregnant females will go into my breeding tank whenever they are about to give birth so I don't have too many fry in the main tank. :)

I dunno if I should beg my Mom to get an even *BIGGER* tank for my birthday NEXT. YEAR.... Or maybe even for the living room or something.... But I CERTAINLY doubt it; LOL. :P ^^;
 
I'd get the minnows or re-home the one you have. I think getting the guppys as well will be too much for your tank as it seems pretty heavily stocked as it is.
 
Ah, okay! ^^; *nods :nod: *

I'll just get the minnows, then; maybe I can convince my Mom to put guppies in her tank....? ;) I'll have to wait for that STUPID pearl danio to die, though; it used to harass Oddball, because that's where he used to live, and he would always hide in just one little corner of the tank (HARDLY acceptable :roll: ); so.... I don't want Lemon (the pearl danio) to harass and scare ANY MORE fish.... I mean; the three female Bettas are perfectly okay because even though Taffy is just a bit bigger than Oddball, Aqua and Queenie just won't have it if Lemon tries to hurt her; Taffy's their friend. :lol:

Sooooo.... Just to make sure that the tank's bio-filter can handle the fish load, I think I'll wait about 2 weeks before getting any more; do you think that's okay, and will that work? :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top