Tina's Nano Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Other Thread

Thread describes the fun I am presently having due to not using Rowaphos (using cheap one) from the start.
I have some lovely green water.

Yesterday I collected the reserved coral. Research really pays off, within an hour of being in the tank my clowns had moved from the frogspawn to the new coral.

This is the only only time I will tell you what coral I bought without showing a photo. This is purely because the green water is making photographs difficult.

I bought a Rhodactis sp I believe to be indosinensis. It even has a white one in the middle of the rock, there are quite a few. The clowns have hosted it all night and manage to really get snug in there.

Ski has suggested a UV steriliser to rid me of the green water. Will have a look at the price in lfs today (may be a few new corals too) when I go to get some RO.

Yes Trod the top left picture is the one that matches closest to them. There are quite a few, the rock is about 6" by 6" that they are on. The clowns are amazing with them, you know the pictures you see of clowns poking their heads out of a nem, they are just like that with them. I nearly got a picture earlier but as sson as that big bad camera monster came out, they moved.

I have been shopping today, I have got another fire shrimp to keep Cheops company. That one is called Tutankhamun, pictures when I have clear water.

Did try to get a UV but they had run out, will go to usual LFS tommorrow and hopefully get one there. I belive in combination with the phosphate remover incident, the green water conicided with a batch of RO I bought from a shop that is not one of my usual LFS, I think their RO membrane needs replacing :angry:

In addition to the fire shrimp I also bought 2 corals, I am waiting for clear water to tell you about these sorry!!

Please excuse the colour and quality this green water is difficult to photograph through, have tried to clean them up as much as possible but not my usual standard.

Here are the clowns hosting the Rhodactis indosinensis, bedding down for the night. The polys are beautiful, they are forked and green tipped however as it is night they have retracted.

2009_0410nanoreef0001a.jpg

2009_0410nanoreef0025a.jpg

I really think this pair would host anything. They are snuggling right in to the coral and snuggling together as I write this.

Saving the best for last.

I took this about ten minutes after the last post!!

2009_0410nanoreef0030a.jpg

It Must be Love

I believe the clown at the back of the photo is becoming the female.

omg adorable

Tina, there are several bargain UVs on ebay at the moment, I was looking at them yesterday

Seffie x

:fish:

I have looked too, only problem is the waiting to get one. I am doing daily 50% water changes just so that I can see the rockwork. Evil green water!!!

To be honest, local LFS by me buys things like this wwhen they are on offer and passes that on to the customers. I am getting discounts lately too.

Spend way too much in there you see.

They look lovely :good: you are so lucky to get them hosting.

I might look into getting some of those mushrooms :good:

Reet then

Got the UV, next one up to the nano so that I can use it later on once upgraded if I ever need to. Got a TMC Rio 800 pump to power it so now I have tons of flow as I may as well use the pump even if not using the UV. Must work it out at some point cause ther is the protein skimmer too and I had 20x anyway.

Water looks slightly less green already but will give it the few days the lady in LFS said it would take.

Bought another coral - I know I am getting seriously addicted. Will tell you what that is once the green clears.

Here is the best bit.

I got this FREE

2009_0410nanoreef0036a-1.jpg

Once again there is too much green in the water and his colour does not look as vibrant as it should. I have been keeping an eye on this one since I set the tank up. His biggest problem was that he spent most of his time hiding under a rock so no-one knew he was there. After about 3 hrs in my tank he started poking his head out of the cave I had put the rock rubble in for him, then he came out onto the sand, then he had a swim around the tank and explored the rock work and then he ate some food. Got them on granules at the minute, being extra careful with the food and excess phosphates because of the green water.

He is a little character, decided to call him Seti after Set I, Ramses II father.

He is a Yellow Watchman yes.

I got him free as you say for loyalty, spent alot in there in the last month.

Whilst in there I managed to sell a filter to another customer and explain to him how to set it up. I know, I can't help it, it was the new Fluval U1, I have the U3 from the PFK subscription offer as a second filter in the 4ft and it is brill. Best internal filter I have ever used. Wonderful easy maintenance access aswell. Well of course I told the other customer all of this and he bought it you see.

Would not be surprised if they ever asked me to look after the place while they went on holiday, they have come to know me that well and always chat about various fishy things. She never pushes a product onto someone for the sake of a sale and she actually does not stock the gizmo type products like safestart. Best LFS I have ever used and one I can actually talk to and get an answer that seems to be reliable.

If you ask about a coral that is difficult to keep she actually tells you the truth. Will actually say no one actually knows what its requirements are but some people manage to keep them some fail miserably. Not many would admit that!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back