Tiger Barbs And Cichlids?

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
4,815
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Location
US
Would tiger barbs get a long with Cichlids (Labidochromis Caeruleus)?

May guess would probably be no, but I thought I would ask?

Thanks
-FHM
 
Yellow Labs should only be kept with similar Malawi Cichlids as they have different requirements and can be very aggressive.
 
Yellow Labs should only be kept with similar Malawi Cichlids as they have different requirements and can be very aggressive.

Its hard to believe that they are aggressive...my Cichlid is still really small and so cute!

Thanks for the reply!

-FHM
 
Yellow labs are one of the least aggressive african cichlids, not to say they wont put up with tiger barbs nipping them...I dont think its a good idea for the barbs, unless your tank is very large (75 gallons or larger)............You can acclimitize the barbs to your african tank by putting them in a small tank and slowly raising the Ph in there tank till it matches your african tank....Dont raise the Ph alot in a single time.........This could take weeks to do, but has worked for other people i know............If you do this, make sure you get at least 6 barbs, any less than that they become real fin nippers
 
I realise they are not the most aggressive but that's more with their own kind. Putting them with regular community fish may or may not work but it's not a risk I'd want to take.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top