Tiger barb that thinks it’s a cichlid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

New Boy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Thought I’d share an oddity in my tank with everyone
I’ve had the 5 tiger barbs in my tank for about three months and slowly one has detached himself from the group and become the ‘king’ tiger barb. He now hangs around the front of my curved corner tank (with the ‘king’ lions cove lab) and chases off any barb that dares to come close. Never seen this behaviour in a barb so he’s obviously learnt it from the labs……

Tank is plenty big enough for the others to go elsewhere and none seem to get hurt too bad……just quite odd to watch….

maybe hes just a snobby barb that has been forced to live with others he thinks are of a lower social class to himself!!!?? :blink: or maybe the others are younger /older than him & they bore or irritate him???
sorry i know this is not a sensible reply really.
barbs are great though arent they - real characters> :D

Well now all u have to do is make him a nice large throne for him in that corner, then he will truly be King B) :lol:

Damien :hyper:

Hi Newboy, I noticed you have a corner tank. I would like to get one myself and was wondering if there is anything you might recomend to get or not to get. Do they have any problems like access or anything else I should know about first? Whats your dimensions for a 50 galon? What sort of filter/pump do you run and finally what sort of lighting do you have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back