This thread is 42 days late....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah it was super lucky, he was only there for 6 months and we just happened to be there at that time, it was quite the site seeing a huge apex predator like that even though he was a young swim by the glass a few feet from my face.
Yea, 6 months is the longest time that they've kept GWS! Anywhere in captivity! MBA is the only place to have succeeded with this species.

They've attempted 5 more times, from 2004-2011 (none died, though they released them all) in which they gradually got shorter. It was a lot of resources spent, and with an aggressive animal like the GWS, it was hard because it was also hard to maintain the other species in that tank. 2011 was their shortest amount of time, only lasting 16 days!

This can certainly be done again, with the resources and technology that the MBA had, the only problem with that attempt was the aggressiveness of the sharks.

I agree. Why put 2 males bettas through that torture? I also believe fighting male bettas is illegal. It’s just like fighting two cocks. (Chickens)

It’s cruel and inhuman. :(

Putting two male bettas is like putting two male syrian hamsters together... Lets just say don't be too surprised to find one that looks like its fins were thrown into a blender..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back