This made me crack up...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LadyMinion

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if any of the members here subscribe to the Pufferfish newsgroup, but I do, and I thought todays digest was hilarious.

I quote:

I am about to start my new freshwater tank. The tank is 75 gallon
and has a fluval 404 filter. I want to put 3 Pacu, 3 Red Oscars, 2
yellow tail puffers, 2 alge eaters and a couple of eels. WIll this
at all be possible and if not what can I keep?

Incidentally, the "yellow tail puffers" are fahakas, and the algae eaters are royal panaques.

Needless to say, the other members of the group were quite vocal in their opinions on this choice of stock.

I only hope he doesn't go ahead and purchase these fish!

eb0 said:
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA.... i dont get it :unsure:
You don't get it?

Ok, here's a breakdown,

This guy has a 75 gallon tank.. that's a fair sized tank, not bad at all.

but.. into it he wants to put two pacus. 75 gallons is not big enough for one adult pacu.

plus..two oscars, another large fish, two oscars would be just about ok in the tank with nothing else

plus..two fahaka puffers.. the most aggressive and violent of all freshwater puffers that are never to be kept in pairs (unless breeding), they fight to the death more violently than bettas. (have you ever seen a puffer's 'beak'?) Fahaka puffers will also shred any other fish in the tank, regardless of the size.

plus.. two royal panaques, another large-ish fish and very messy.

plus.. "a couple of eels" if these are morays, then they are marine or brackish, if they're one of the lake spiney eels, then everything else in the tank will eat them (after they've eaten each other)

Understand now?

Stryker said:
there is a puffers news group? what is it?

Sorry, I have to edit this. In our General Rules #4 states: No promoting of other competiting sites either in the forum or the chat room or via the private message system.

Oops... Sorry mods...

If they did that they could just call their tank the fish version of hell.... one giant death tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back