Thinking Of Going From Fresh To Marine

Do you think even tho the tanks bigger a humbug is still a risk? i really like em.

Do you think even tho the tanks bigger a humbug is still a risk? i really like em.

Hi Glen welcome back.

The new tank is looking nice, it looks like you've really got into this.

With damsels, it is generally reckoned that they be the last addition to the tank to stand any chance of getting away with it. I had a humbug in a 24g along with a tomato clown and it seemed to be pretty docile but I'd inherited the two fish along with the tank so don't know their history. It died a couple of weeks later so I didn't get a proper chance to monitor it.

They can get aggressive to fish added after them.

Since my YT Damsel has the tank to himself I'm dreading adding other fish in there now.

When i get paid next i am gonna spend around £40 on fish i am gonna buy 2 clowns and a royal Gramma then later on i am gonna add a flame angel a humbug and my shrimps.

heres a few new shots. I'm really pleased with it :D

Photo0511.jpg

Photo0512.jpg

Photo0515.jpg

Photo0516.jpg

Photo0514.jpg

Lookin good Glen, good luck with the aggression... Might be a good idea to change up the rockwork before adding the new fish and add them just before lights-out, helps out with aggression problems

If you want to earn yourself a few pounds you might think of fragging that lovely colony of Zoas, by the way what colour are they when they open, i'm very jealous - love Zoas

Seffie x

:fish:

the big colony is one side red and one side orange with a couple of large albino ones poking through :p (all of which was freebies on my LR)
on the second piece they are yellow
3rd piece orange
4th piece are a purpley red

hopefully some blue ones will pop up!

I havent got a clue how to frag :S

Weird thing is they are open but only point upwards towards the light :S the second picture they are shut obviously.

Feather Duster,Coco worm or somthing else? (white tube)

If it is a FD will it get big like the one in Cages tank? if not how much do they cost cos i think there great :p

Photo0516-1.jpg

Looks like a feather duster. I have one too, it looks exactly like that. I's been around for a few months now and hasn't grown at all so I don't think they get big.

Hehe guess what,i went down to buy a cleaner shrimp today and came back with a bit more than i expected......

I bought my cleaner shrimp then saw red star fish on offer for £10 so i bought one..

Then a customer comes in kicking off asking for a refund on his yellow tang saying it was sold to him for his nano and that it will get to big,the shop said they will take it back for nothing,the dude wasent happy...

Then i says..'i'll give you a tenner' lol! and he accepted so i now have a 4" yellow tang,looks healthy and a bargain imo when the shop sels them for £40 a go!

If it does get to big for my tank then I'll sell it on or give it away.

I'll take some pics when they all acclimatised.

So now i plan to add...

2 x clowns...possibly Clarkiis as they are only £2 more than Ocellaris and either a humbug (£6) or royal gramma (£19),red leg hermits(£3 ea),blood shrimp (£15) and some peppermints (£15).

I could add more but its gonna be a nightmare keeping the tank clean without a skimmer or external filter and i'd rather keep under the bio load.

I'm probably gonna buy a Ehiem external at some point.

Ello Sean no i dont bother mate,i just use tap water and tropic marin salt,Tauntons water is low in phosphate so had no problem with it.

They charge £3.50 plus £10 for the can in TAC and more in watermaque for just RO and £5 for pre mixed salt.

Just rescaped guys,my Damsel was seriously beating on my Tang so i redid the whole tank,its a blurry mess now but once it settles i'll take some pics...it looks awesome! i flattened the sand bed out which gave me 4" extra height on the rock! got base rock on the bottom and LR on top and sides.

EDIT

Just spoke to Mark Strawbridge from TAC and looks liek i got given what they call 'folder prices' ie BS prices!

its £2 pre 25 litres plus £10 for a drum to put it in or £4 for pre mixed salt water.

yes m8 i know abt the prices

i just brought a ro water unit thats why i was asking !!!!!!!

i had a topic on for sale but looks like its been removed for some reason never mind hey !!!!!!!!!!

so you gonna flog ro sean? how much?

You'd flog your nan if u could hhaha!

hey glen didnt even know u started this bigger tank lol u got pics of ur fish u have so far

ur tank looking nice mate :good:

Most reactions

Back