Thinking Of Getting Some Dwarf Puffers.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Harry1996

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i was thinking of getting some dp. i would like maybe 3 or 4? would a orca mt50 be ok for a few? the tank is about 80L. also what kind of food? i know they eat snails so how do get them. sorry for all the questions.

i was thinking of getting some dp. i would like maybe 3 or 4? would a orca mt50 be ok for a few? the tank is about 80L. also what kind of food? i know they eat snails so how do get them. sorry for all the questions.

Around 5 Dwarf Puffers will be fine in your Orca MT50. YOu can feed them typical live/frozen foods (bloodworm, brineshrimp...) . Snails are not usually seen in fish shops but if you see some snails on a plant in the fish shop, the store usually lets you take them for free or if not , you can buy snails from people on the forum. You can keep snails in a seperate tank and as they reproduce quickly, you can feed the babies to the puffers every few days. Malaysian Trumpet Snails are the best to use as puffer food.

thanks :good: what plants can i have under that lighting? and what sort?

These Puffers love swimming in long plants so lots of vallis, java fern and amazon sword plants are especially recommended. And they really like caves too! :) :)

ok few more questions.
1 i need c02 dont i?
2 do i need laterite?
i set up a tropical tank with plants years ago and times have changed a bit.
3 what substrate do i need?
i was thinking tetra optimat c02 thing?

ok few more questions.
1 i need c02 dont i?
2 do i need laterite?
i set up a tropical tank with plants years ago and times have changed a bit.
3 what substrate do i need?
i was thinking tetra optimat c02 thing?

You dont need CO2 with the plants I've named
You dont need laterite
You can add a substrate if you aren't going to be moving the tank around. Bear in mind, for the first day, the tank water will be a dark brown colour which will disappear quickly with the filter turned on. I use Tetra Plant Complete Substrate.
Dosing the tank daily with plant 'food' like Tetra Plantmin will keep the plant healthy and give them all the minerals needed.

ok thanks :good:
is there a way to dose it every 3 days? or something?
dose java moss need c02?

Yeah you can dose the tank every 3 days aswell.
Java Moss doesnt need C02, just a good source of lighting :good:

Check out the pinned topic at the top of the forum!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back