The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aernympha

Fish Herder
Reaction score
this is my tank some of the fish are quite small as they are growing fry

CHERRY BARBS
2 baby cherry barbs called merlin (male) and tinkabel (female)
GUPPIES
1 red guppy called poppy(f),1 red guppy called percy (m) and 1 red guppy called syvil (f)
SWORDTAILS
1 red-orange swordtail called moe (f)
MOLLIES
1 dalmation molly called holly(f), also 1 yellow molly called tangerene (f)
PLATIES
1 red wag platy called milly (f),one blue calico micky platy called micky (m),1 comet platy bo (m),1 blue tinted wag platy called theodore (m) 2 baby comet frycalled little and peepsey, also charlie the red calico wag (m),george the red wag (m) and jeanie the red wag (f)
CLEANERS
2 Redfin Otocinclus called the fish finger crew
2 flying foxes called Zippers.

i was thinking about kribs but wasn't sure because theygorw so big, alos i would good if i can be able to tell the differnce between male and female :thumbs: also if they are at least slightyly coloured or patterned, but that doesn't matter to much. are there any small african cichlids which are no biggger than 3 inches.

hey aernympha

Kribs would fit well into your tank, they only grow to 3 or 4 inches and will leave your other fish alone. Females are rounder and 'fuller bodied' then males, but if you buy them young it's tougher to tell. The best thing to do in this case is to buy a few and let a few form naturally, and then return or find a home for the remaining ones. They can be quite colorful in the right conditions.

Thank alot for helping ... :D yes i do quite like kribs and today i saw at the lfs albino kribs quite small about an inch cheaper than the other normal kribs hehehe :D but in the end i have or had decided on getting a male betta and a female betta i thik i will leave cichlids for the future when i have more experince as my last attempt didn't go very well :crazy: ohwell thank again! :thumbs: :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back