Think I Messed Up...

just a quick update. the stats arnt as bad as yesterday so im assuming the filter is starting to catch up. i also found a lone mickey mouse platy fry the other day which i presumed had been eaten by now but hes still alive looool.

sadly i have no other tank to put him in so hes guna have to try and make it with the others :(

another update: after doing another 30% water change and full gravel vac i have noticed about 8 more platy fry!
You can get a fry net for under $5 if you really want to save them. :good:

Just a thought but is there no other fishkeeper or LFS nearby who can give you some used filter media?

I can't believe no one mentioned this earlier in thread.............donated media is a lifesaver, a patience saver & a money saver.

Ask a friend with a tank or even a local fish store. That's how I cycled my first tank & every tank after I've used donated media from one of my others.

think its over with! did a test yesterday and had 0 nitrite!!

guna get a WC done and a quick head count in a bit!

yeah just finished my WC and all of my assassin snails are dead :(

Just don't add any fish for a while, let the tank settle with what you've got :D

+1

You don't want to push the good bacs too hard, let the tank mature for a bit. Then add a couple of fish at a time checking the stats a day or so after adding them.

Well on your way though bro, you did it! Many folks don't have the tenacity or patience to stick it out but you did. Bravo. :good:

BTW Staxx, what's a "1 lonely RCS thanks to D4n.gr33n"???

Read ing your signature your tank could use a centerpiece fish..............eventually of course. Have you consdiered a Gourami? :shifty:

hes a forum member here. he gave me 10 red cherry shrimp but my mollies or danios ate them all but the biggest one :crazy:

and yeah ive been looking in to a centre piece trio.

i think we talked about the honey gourami in the hey lovelies thread.

hes a forum member here. he gave me 10 red cherry shrimp but my mollies or danios ate them all but the biggest one :crazy:

i think we talked about the honey gourami int he hey lovelies thread.

Ah, now I remember.............thanks. :lol: :lol:

i think we talked about the honey gourami int he hey lovelies thread.

Ah, now I remember.............thanks. :lol: :lol:

well for my birthday which is a week today my mums agreed to get me the sand for my substrate and a trio of any fish i want.

guna try and go to wharf aquatics(supposedly the best shop in my city). guna either get a trio of dwarf cichlids but im not sure which kind yet. or if they havent got any i like a trio of gourami or rams.

i know a trio would be ok. but could i push for 2 males and 3 females if i wanted to? or would that be too much. or maybe a pair of rams/dwarf or whatever. then a pair of gourami?

when i go tomorrow im guna look for a nice bit of wood and get rid of my fake log thing. maybe check some plants because most of mine have died for some reason.

can someone recommend me some nice colourful fish that will do well with my current stock? and ph of around 7.5 if that matters.

I would not recommend 2 males in that size tank regardless of how many females you get. It's not the volume as much as the length & footprint. I'd like to get 2 male Three Spot and 4 or so females but I would need a very long tank for them to make their own territories at either end. something like a minimum of a 4 foot long tank & a 6 foot would be even better. Obviously Honey's are much smaller but they can pick on each other too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back