Think I Messed Up...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

i havent done a test since adding the prime no. im guna wait a little while. then do another water change i think.

i havent done a water test since my last reply here. ive just been doing 60% water changes every 2 days to keep on top it it. the fish seem healthy and my plants and stuff are growing. so things cant be as bad as they seem!

the tests kinda got me a bit disheartened to be honest thats why i stopped doing them. i will keep up the WC for the foreseeable future though :good:

I would still do a test, if the levels are normal for a few days then you can go back to weekly water changes :)

just dont a water test. the stats are still high on both nitrite and nitrate sadly. so il do a big wc today and leave it a couple of days again. been going through prime like there is no tomorrow :(

edit: just did a big like 95% wc to try and balance it out and give me a few days between the next WC il probs go one thursday cuz im back to work friday

ah just found my first dead fish... one of my new cory cats. only got a him a couple of days ago aswell. did a WC earlier and he was fine cuz i counted them all. went to see a friend for like 3 hours and came home to check the tank and he was floating at the bottom with 2 shrimp on top of him :(:(

on a side note. my mollys giving birth i think. i noticed a few fry hiding away

I wouldn't add any new fish while you're having ammonia & nitrite problems, it's not good for them & adding more fish will not help ammonia & nitrite levels.

If you've got low ammonia and high nitrite & nitrate levels then this is a sign the filter is starting to break down the ammonia/nitrite.

Ammonia gets converted to nitrite then nitrite to nitrates.

I would say nitrates is Ok if its under 100, but I like to keep mine under 50.

Just a thought but is there no other fishkeeper or LFS nearby who can give you some used filter media?

just did a test. ammonia has a slight tinge of green in the test. nitrIte is sitting at about 1ppm.

will do another big WC tomorrow around 90% again.

still going through the motions sadly. nitrates and nitrite still sky high.

guna get rid of my livebearers in the next few days. ease the load for a while and let it catch up

anyone have any idea how long it should take if i take some fish out?

STILL doing the big water changes. nitrates and nitrites still high. my plants seem to be suffering to. a lot of dead leafs and like rotting bits. i just picked most of them off and now i have almost no plants left. only a couple i recently brought....

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back