Things You've Bought That You Never Used Again

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
How many items and what, have you bought thinking you needed but turned out to be nothing but pointless.

OK so what I mean by this is the battery operated hoover vac, was so much less effective than just swishing a net around or syphoning water out for changes so I got rid of it.

The digital thermometers use batteries so fast, then the suckers fail and you end up with a broken digitherm in the bottom of the tank somewhere.

Bubbles walls and bubble rivers get clogged and don't ever look as pretty as the 1st week you had them - HIGH maintenance.

Anything white in a tank, reason as above.

What can you add, I think it's useful to share this info ;)
 
I bought a tyre pump and battery charger that you plug into a cigarette lighter. £29.99, never used.

Emma
 
I bought a tyre pump and battery charger that you plug into a cigarette lighter. £29.99, never used.

Emma

Em my love, I am talking about fishy things :lol:
 
sorry... blonde moment. I bought a gadget that you put in the tank that is supposed to give you instant readings of PH, Ammonia, Nitrate & Nitritr. Used 3 times, and it never changed colour at all.

Emma
 
I Bought my tank and it leaked so I gave it back and got another, but didnt give back filter heater so I got doubles, now I dont use either of the filters....

and things I bought that were a mistake "Sucking Loaches"
 
My air pump and air stones etc... Bought them as a newbie, found out that the air pump is too loud an the air stones flicked sand up everywhere anyway.

I would only ever use it to prevent fungus on eggs.
 
Cleaning magnet and cleaning pad...snails and fish do a much better job, and I'm way too lazy to bother anyway :rolleyes: .
 
a 5gal fishtank... god knows why i bought it, it has no light. :rolleyes:

two c02 systems, a 2nd bulb, and a light circuit thingy. Bought them for my planted tank, and now i just cant be bothered with the maintenance.

a stick-on-thermometer.

a betta boowl that some idiot woman sent me and cracked it. :shifty:

that's about it i think... even though though that's over £100 worth... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
 
that's about it i think... even though though that's over £100 worth... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Yes I think one of the best lessons that we could all learn from this is that if you don't use it, sell it :lol:
 
I bought a an airpump that lights up blue but kept geing blocked up so took it out of the tank.
it wasnt cheap either.
 
I love gadgets so I bought a battery powered device by Marineland called an Aqua-Reminder. It has a programmable count-down timer for 6 tasks; partial water change, change filter etc. I stopped using it after a couple weeks. My inner geek got the best of me in that one. :D
 
That tetra cycle product thingy thats ment to contain the good bacteria.
 
A aquaclear HOB filter. Bought it and didn't like it but was too lazy to return it. I also have tons of those little bottles of weird fish food, like freeze dried plankton and betta flakes. People keep giving them to me as gifts, but nothing will eat them. Last time I got 12+ weird incandescent aquarium lights and all my tanks use fluorescent lights ^_^ .
 

Most reactions

Back
Top