Theory

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

quaver

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
If you put 2 species of fish that are renowned not to get on together, but you somehow manage to avoid the agression. These 2 sets of fish have fry and live, would the fry automatically accept their natural rival as friendly and live in harmony?

As you can tell I have too much time on my hands

Holly

you have a nice picture, to your question , who knows, mating is good

I'll do anything in the name of science

Lol, seriously though, do you think tolerence breeding could change a species attitude?

Its difficult to say, could fish be non tolerant to other colours or shapes? I mean how would these fish ever breed unless by sme artificial way? I mean if compared to humans, they would not breed if incompatible, you know, looks, smell, taste, suppose fish might be the same.

PMSROFL (for Ludwig)
As you can tell I have too much time on my hands
Your not kiddin lass.
Boy you ask some deep questions.
Answer is I've no bloomin idea, but I would swing toward the "NO" camp because things like that would be genetically inbuilt into the particular species. You may be able to get things to a point of an uneasy standoff but as sure as eggs are eggs it all gonna kick off sooner or later.
wanna give it a go and inform us of your findings.
What kinda fish had you in mind
Regards
BigC

thanks for your input BigC, what can I tell you, I'm an opressed scientist. I was thinking like Convicts and Oscars maybe?

Most cichlids care for their young ferverisly and would attack any threat who inadvertantly wandered too close to the brood. So that theory aint gonna happen with those two anyway.
Regards
BigC

Most cichlids care for their young ferverisly and would attack any threat who inadvertantly wandered too close to the brood. So that theory aint gonna happen with those two anyway.
Regards
BigC
I'd suggest a Labrador...... never seen one to be aggressive... (& quaver.... note the spelling of "aggressive"

Big C..... you've got me on that one?? "PMSROFL"...... (PMS rings a bell, but the ROFL part of it??)

Lol this topic and its replies match the forum guidelines perfectly :lol:

sorry, I'm not usually aGGressive.

Most reactions

Back