The Wife Put Her Foot Down

smegforbrains

Fish Addict
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
962
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ashford, Kent, UK
As you may know, I put my bow front up for sale. The wife came home and told me I can't sell it and we'll manage money somehow (ain't she just wonderful? :D)


Anyway, after Christmas when I'm back working I thought I may have a complete re-stock. I can find homes for all the Corys and the two BNs in the other tanks.


The only guy that will be staying will be the Striped Raphael, Whiskers.


I thought, along with Whiskers:


2 pairs of German Blue Rams,
1 pair of Firemouth,
4 South American Bumblebee Cats.





So, would this stocking cause me any problems?


I am open to alternatives, although I really would like the Rams :)
 
I have no stocking suggestions, just wanted to say how happy I am for you.
And not only because you don't have to sacrifice your bowfront.
You certainly picked a first-quality wife and are very lucky indeed.
 
Whats the dimensions of the tank?

I can see the FM pair being too aggressive for the rams, who could easily become over stressed (or worse) from the FM's.
Also the bumbleebee catfish, be wary when getting an ID there are quite a few fish that can come under that name (and they can swallow surprisingly large prey). Though I'd have thought that the SA bumblebee wouldn't be a threat to the fish you listed (Microglanis iheringi that is)

Congrats on keeping the tank by the way :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top