The Wet Spot Tropical Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I should mention that nearly all pleco (other than BN) will be wild caught...
Ok, I will just stick with rasbora espei then. Unless I am able to find a "better" schooling fish
Kubotai rasbora (for those who are whatever this name might be preferred: Microdevario kubotai) are a better schooling fish as they actually actively school.

I should mention that nearly all pleco (other than BN) will be wild caught...

Kubotai rasbora (for those who are whatever this name might be preferred: Microdevario kubotai) are a better schooling fish as they actually actively school.
I like them but I think their green would blend in with everything else.

What about danio choprae?

I have also seen serpae tetras. I like them!

I think it is time that sat back and have a good think about how you want to keep fish. Instead of finding reasons why a fish will suit your tank, I think you should start thinking about why a species won't suit it. This way when you like a fish, think about all the reasons why that fish is not going to do well.
Remember that you have limited experience in fish keeping and to make the hobby enjoyable in the long term, you need to learn to walk before you run.
A lot of the fish you are suggesting are great. But before I would buy them, I would want to have tanks set up especially to accommodate them to give them the best chance of survival, to get that information takes more than a goggle search about water parameters.

Yes, probably. I can not guarantee anything, but the wild fish are more resilient, and healthier, and if the GH is low (soft or very soft) as I believe yours is, they should be fine. I have a group of T. hengeli in my cory tank, and the pH out of the tap is now 8.6 though it lowers over a day or two in the tank to 6.8, but this fish is a sparkling gem. My GH is zero, and that is what matters.
I meant to ask... What is your KH?

I think it is time that sat back and have a good think about how you want to keep fish. Instead of finding reasons why a fish will suit your tank, I think you should start thinking about why a species won't suit it. This way when you like a fish, think about all the reasons why that fish is not going to do well.
Remember that you have limited experience in fish keeping and to make the hobby enjoyable in the long term, you need to learn to walk before you run.
A lot of the fish you are suggesting are great. But before I would buy them, I would want to have tanks set up especially to accommodate them to give them the best chance of survival, to get that information takes more than a goggle search about water parameters.
I completely agree with everything you just said. I would never buy an animal without me being 100% sure that I can handle it. These fish I'm throwing out are just ideas really... I'm sticking with lamb chop rasboras but I'm also looking around just in case there is another fish of interest. And, one thing you should know, there is the me on this site who seems like he's throwing random ideas out or seems like he's not seeing the troubles with certain things but THEN, there is the me in real life, who is constantly (sometimes for hours) researching a certain species and its requirements. So anytime someone thinks I'm not researching enough, I do feel insulted. My dream someday is to be part of marine biology and I do more than just talk to you all on here, I really do research and even watch behavioral videos on species.

I completely agree with everything you just said. I would never buy an animal without me being 100% sure that I can handle it. These fish I'm throwing out are just ideas really... I'm sticking with lamb chop rasboras but I'm also looking around just in case there is another fish of interest. And, one thing you should know, there is the me on this site who seems like he's throwing random ideas out or seems like he's not seeing the troubles with certain things but THEN, there is the me in real life, who is constantly (sometimes for hours) researching a certain species and its requirements. So anytime someone thinks I'm not researching enough, I do feel insulted. My dream someday is to be my art of marine biology and I do more than just talk to you all on here, I really do research and even watch behavioral videos on species.
Having the fish in a tank and looking after them is a whole different story than researching their requirements. It is time you started to test your knowledge by keeping some fish in your tank.

Having the fish in a tank and looking after them is a whole different story than researching their requirements. It is time you started to test your knowledge by keeping some fish in your tank.
I do have fish in my tank. And their thriving. Except one who was a bit stressed and died due to it.

And if I added a bunch of fish right now, I'm afraid my tank wouldn't be able to cover for it. I'm just going to let my tank establish for a few months before adding anything new. So maybe sometime in march I will get more fish in the tank

And if I added a bunch of fish right now, I'm afraid my tank wouldn't be able to cover for it. I'm just going to let my tank establish for a few months before adding anything new. So maybe sometime in march I will get more fish in the tank
But on this thread, you are talking about adding a bunch of fish all at once to save on freight, do you think that is wise?

Maybe not the wisest, BUT a few large water changes after adding the fish and they will be fine. I'm up for the challenge. I cannot do them seperately... Its too expensive with shipping and such.
But on this thread, you are talking about adding a bunch of fish all at once to save on freight, do you think that is wise?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back