The Wet Spot Tropical Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have heard good things about them but I wanted to know from you guys how good they are. Ive also heard that they quatantine fish before sending them out. Is this true?
Late to respond but like others I will say that they are good with fish. Many of my fish over the past almost 10 years have been from them. Never had a DOA, never had a die off after receiving fish from them, never have had an infection/disease from their fish. The one thing that would make me not want to buy is the shipping, but now it's a flat rate (depends on how far away you are) so I pay $40 for shipping where before it could be $75 depending on how many fish/weight. Also delivery is spot on, never had lost or delay shipping (like F-ex is USPS). They use UPS. Someone re did their website, and I am not a fan. Before you could see the stock available, now there is a bunch of out of stock listing along with available stock. Just makes it harder to make a quick selection. They also changed how to place an order as you would have to email them your order and they would check stocking before finalizing the order. Still highly recommend them though.

Late to respond but like others I will say that they are good with fish. Many of my fish over the past almost 10 years have been from them. Never had a DOA, never had a die off after receiving fish from them, never have had an infection/disease from their fish. The one thing that would make me not want to buy is the shipping, but now it's a flat rate (depends on how far away you are) so I pay $40 for shipping where before it could be $75 depending on how many fish/weight. Also delivery is spot on, never had lost or delay shipping (like F-ex is USPS). They use UPS. Someone re did their website, and I am not a fan. Before you could see the stock available, now there is a bunch of out of stock listing along with available stock. Just makes it harder to make a quick selection. They also changed how to place an order as you would have to email them your order and they would check stocking before finalizing the order. Still highly recommend them though.
Thank you! I will probably be using them for the next fish in my tank. Thanks again for the reply!

Generally speaking, wild caught fish will be genetically healthier, with brighter colouration, and less prone to disease problems. The inbreeding of many species is clear proof of this when the fish are compared to wild caught. And for those of us who do care about the environment, wild caught benefits that too, at least In South America (SE Asia I admit is something else). Someone posted videos on the Project Priaba a couple months back. Indigenous people in the Amazon rainforest understand the environment and fish well enough to be able to make a decent living from collecting fish but never taking this to the point of threatening the sustainability of the species; if no one buys their fish, they will be forced into agriculture to make a living, and that destroys the rainforest and species will become extinct.

In my own limited experience of 30+ years, there is no doubt at all but that my problems with fish disease coming in with new fish has always been confined to tank-raised fish. This is just too widespread to be coincidental.
The careful stewardship of the environment by local collectors is the reason why, given the choice, I always go with wild caught.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back