The Wet Spot just added something I HATE!

The thing that isn't really pounded into kids heads at the earliest age is the value of money and how easily it can be squandered. They should also be shown and told how some people suffer squalor and poverty for lack of money. Money is the most fleeting of all possessions and nobody knows that until it's too late. Before the 1930's and Social Security people were sometimes destitute in their old age and those with no family support died on the streets if they were unable to work. Those that could work struggled along at whatever work they could find until they died. I'm living on my small Social Security amount and a pittance of a pension from a good job I used to have but that's my fault. If I had a dollar I spent two and borrowed another one. I wish somebody had taken the time to wise me up when I was younger. Don't you young kids make my mistake. You'll be old sooner than you think.

Easy solution to this is to say you won't pay the insurance and that you will take all the risk, and that you won't claim for DOA's. If the fish die it is your problem not there's. Then you save your $5
Yeah... But I would rather buy from a place where you don't have to buy insurance seperately. I feel like if its just included in it would feel cheaper... But I think at the time I made this post I reacted on impulse. I was mad and just wanted to vent. But in reality after reading what others have said, it is a good idea to have it... But I just wish it didn't have to be so dang expensive (all together I mean. Not just the $5)

You get what you pay for where peace of mind is concerned.

Once you are old enough to fly the nest and have a nest of your own to maintain and keep and pay bills for....you're in for a shock at the cost of things matey and that measly $5 will seem totally insignificant amount for what is peace of mind when buying fish.

You get what you pay for where peace of mind is concerned.

Once you are old enough to fly the nest and have a nest of your own to maintain and keep and pay bills for....you're in for a shock at the cost of things matey and that measly $5 will seem totally insignificant amount for what is peace of mind when buying fish.
Oh I know how.expensive things can be... Its just I've always been a deal finder and kinda felt in control of what I spend. Well there is no real deal finder in this case so its a bit more stressful than searching for a video game disc lol

Oh I know how.expensive things can be... Its just I've always been a deal finder and kinda felt in control of what I spend. Well there is no real deal finder in this case so its a bit more stressful than searching for a video game disc lol
5 bucks is less then it costs to cross the GW bridge

Cost of everything is going up up up. Inflation in the US is as high as in the late70 to early 1980s. Here in the US it’s around 8% or more at a yearly rate. I checked out lawn mower prices since last year and they’re up 50% compared to a year ago. And oil to heat a home is up almost double compared to a year and a half ago - same for gasoline. House prices are up about 17% compared to last year. Rents are way up too. And wages are not going up at the rate of inflation.

Cost of everything is going up up up. Inflation in the US is as high as in the late70 to early 1980s. Here in the US it’s around 8% or more at a yearly rate. I checked out lawn mower prices since last year and they’re up 50% compared to a year ago. And oil to heat a home is up almost double compared to a year and a half ago - same for gasoline. House prices are up about 17% compared to last year. Rents are way up too. And wages are not going up at the rate of inflation.
Yah... Its sad and scary how much things cost now...Watching older shows shows like Andy Griffith you see a milk shake for 50 cents! Now its like 4.99

50 years ago a candy bar was 10 cents… now it’s over $1.00 . And convenient stores sold penny candy for a penny each - fireballs were 1 cent each.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back