The Wet Spot just added something I HATE!

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
The Wet Spot tropical fish decided to add shipping insurance for $5 you HAVE to buy along with the $39.99 shipping. They say if you dont buy it they DONT process your DOA claims! Its just a new way to extort money... They were obviously doing great even before that... They will now be the last place on my list to buy from because an added $5 to a place which is already expensive is not needed... It just feels like it doesnt need to be

I've ordered fish from TWS many times, never had a DOA

I don't mind the added $5, given that overnight shipping is now a flat-rate $39.99, regardless of where you are in the States...I've paid $55 for just shipping in the past

Their stock selection is second-to-none, IME

I think that it's more than fair, and a great way for them to cover any DOA fish costs.

I don't think that they are going to lose any sleep over the fact that they could be possibly losing your future business.....

I mean I guess $5 is a lot more to me than you guys... I dont get paid 800-1,000 a month. $5 is a lawn mow for me so to pay $93 is a ton but $98 is just that much more... And I only mow the lawn once every other week... I guess I dont see why they had to add it if they are that good with their fish and they have handled DOAs before well

I mean I guess $5 is a lot more to me than you guys... I dont get paid 800-1,000 a month. $5 is a lawn mow for me so to pay $93 is a ton but $98 is just that much more... And I only mow the lawn once every other week... I guess I dont see why they had to add it if they are that good with their fish and they have handled DOAs before well
Only $5???

Heck, I made $20 per yard...in the 70's!

Mow lawns for your neighbors...you'd probably get $25 of more per mow.
One time my neighbor was really busy and his lawn got real bad. He offered $40 for me and we tried to talk him down lol. He said no and that he wanted to pay me that much... Since me and my dad worked on it we splot the money. 20/20

5 bucks matters when money's tight, but once you get interested in uncommon fish, those $5 type charges become common. Most fish deaths in transit aren't the shipper's fault, but the result of sheer old fashioned bad luck in transit.

If they're doing $39 flat rate within the US, I see a trip to a mail drop in northern Maine in my summertime future...

Im sure its to help cover the cost of DOAs, i know for myself ive had more DOAs with my plants with shipping delays so it seems justified in my opinion

I suspect it is to cover the labor to handle the DOA and not the actual fish cost. We should expect everything to get more expensive (including shipping) in the near future. You should be happy it is only $5; the cost of lumber has nearly tripled the past 24 months and i won't even begin to talk about concrete. If you want something to complain about - go buy a some lumber to make a picnic table.

I suspect it is to cover the labor to handle the DOA and not the actual fish cost. We should expect everything to get more expensive (including shipping) in the near future. You should be happy it is only $5; the cost of lumber has nearly tripled the past 24 months and i won't even begin to talk about concrete. If you want something to complain about - go buy a some lumber to make a picnic table.
That is true... I just wish sometimes people were not super greedy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back