The TFF General Aviation Thread (those things with wings)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Quite a few Caribbean airports are a bit hairy....though nowhere near as hairy as Lukla in Nepal...

Well I am pleased that Henderson has been found guilty in the Sala case and sincerely hopes that he is jailed for a very long time

The aircraft was not suitable, the pilot was not licenced or experienced in night flight/IFR and had almost zero flying hours on the aircraft

There are far too many cowboy operators using foreign registered aircraft to circumvent the CAA regulations. The CAA have never been tight enough on the use of foreign registered aircraft that are UK based permanently, hoping that will change now.

This case has exposed the dark side of private aviation, not just here in the UK but across the world. Its costing lives all of the time but it took the death of a footballer to finally get it taken notice of. Utterly disgraceful.

RIP Emiliano Sala

I’m not a pilot, but I’ve thought plenty about becoming one. I enjoy playing flight simulator on my computer.
Some years ago, I went in to a small flight school near where I lived. I told them I wanted to take one of their planes up. One of the instructors asked if I was licensed. I said no, but I’m pretty good at flight simulator on the computer. He said that was good enough for him. He insisted on going with me as a copilot, but it was still a great flight and a big day for me, as a kid in my early twenties.

My parents used to be aircraft mechanics in the navy. I love WWll planes and modern jets/planes like the V-22 and the F-16 along with the f-18

talking about sim flying im doing some routes with Seaplanes at the moment(weird machines they are)

and working on simulated long hauls at home

Yes I know it’s very basic my Home sim but all the main airplane controls are at my fingertips :)

Logitech charge loads for there instrument panels too where as I can have all my instruments touchscreen on 2 iPads using spacedesk along with spot view on side tv(casted) and cockpit view on main

plus you could spend ££££’s but I prefer fish haha 36E51722-B677-441D-90F5-FBDA5C728B31.jpeg

Last edited:
Well imho an 18 month sentence is ridiculously low for the offences committed but as with everything else in the judicial system, its all long over due for a review of sentences across the board

However, at least this greedy so'n'so has not walked free and his livelihood has been destroyed as a result of his crass stupidity.....it doesn't replace the two lives lost as a result of that stupidity but his future is not quite so rosy anymore and he can never repeat what he did and that has to be a good thing

18 MONTHS! should be life

he knew the pilot wasn't certified to do the flight
I have looked back to see if there are similar cases like this one and I couldn't find any.

Which means that they happen, probably quite frequently, but til now had not been discovered due to the passenger being delivered safely or the CAA have turned a blind eye

I would like to think that the CAA have not turned a blind eye but having studied the AAIB records and read many threads on forums like PPRUNE, I get the distinct impression that as long as the passenger arrives safe and well, then that's OK even if the rules have been bent to get that passenger to their destination.

It has long been questioned within the aviation community why so many foreign registered aircraft are based in the UK and therefore immune from the UK/CAA rules.....this Malibu being one such aircraft. Many pilots and flying organisations such as BALPA and AOPA have asked the CAA for clarification but had somewhat ambiguous responses.

I am hoping that the CAA will now look closer at their rules and regulations, especially in regard to foreign aircraft based in the UK after the frankly understandable outcry following this accident.

I also hope that pilot licencing, type training/qualification and IFR/VFR/Night ratings will also be reviewed since none have been changed since at least the 1970's. AOC and other legislative licencing requires urgent updating too.

As for the sentence, without previous precident of past cases being brought to court, there are no actual guidelines in respect to how long a sentence should be for this type of offense. Again that is partly the responsibility of the CAA and CPS to get together and bring things up to date, currently the sentencing guildelines date back to the 1960's for these offences.

A Thread for Fishy People with a Passion For Flight and Avaition
I go to local vintage plane shows. They are sometimes held at the airport near my house. I saw a cool Red Tail Squadron plane from WW2. Liked it the best, probably because of the film, Red Tails, starring Cuba Gooding Jr. & Terrace Howard.

Attachments

• 75BA0783-D3B8-4998-BA33-732878FEB43F.jpeg
    75BA0783-D3B8-4998-BA33-732878FEB43F.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 46
It’s pretty but not hydrogen powered :-(

electric vehicles are not the future

hydrogen powered flight is yet to exist

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back