The TFF General Aviation Thread (those things with wings)

In 1983, the museum took delivery of a B52. Many of us were there to watch the arrival. The police closed the M11 motorway at the end of the runway since a B52 is not renowned for short landings

This is not my footage but it shows what the pilots faced bringing her home to Duxford...

It was a bit tight.....

In 1983, the museum took delivery of a B52. Many of us were there to watch the arrival. The police closed the M11 motorway at the end of the runway since a B52 is not renowned for short landings

This is not my footage but it shows what the pilots faced bringing her home to Duxford...

It was a bit tight.....
WOW!....a "bit tight", indeed!....that took much skill

I am going to try my best to be at the next event in Houston next month...it's been many years since I attended one, but I've always had a fabulous time

Now that things have started calming down and getting back to normal after the pandemic, events like these will be a welcome distraction. If you do get to go next month, don't forget your camera please ;)

It was a bit tight.....
the words go around get thrown around alot i bet this pilot thought of it loads in those final moments before touchdown

Runway 10 VOR-DME at Princess Juliana , st maarten anyone here landed there before?

This is Runway 10 at Princess Juliana

flaps 5 degrees and airspeed about 180knots(indicated) and a slow glide Straight-in being the best option in a Turboprop?
Been there, done that as a pax in a KLM B747-400

Holy moly...its a brown trouser moment for pax, nevermind the boss upfront

It is flippin' dangerous though with so many people flocking onto the beach at the threshold, there have been a few close calls over the years, I dread to think what would be the casualty list if a plane ever did land short.

View attachment 145901I didnt do the tissue wrap so I can display the construction.
C9CEA42A-FAB5-4D6F-AA4B-DA4F0706E842.jpeg

The beach view of Maho Beach, St Maarten...there are many videos like this one and all absolutely terrifying

And if you think the landings are scary....try watching the stupid idiots on the beach when an airliner takes off from St Maarten....

i have training for Princess Juliana in a few months

worth packing extra pants then?

from what I've heard they've stopped landing a lot of commercial craft there?>

im private in a much smaller Aircraft so i shouldnt have to come in quite as low

i have training for Princess Juliana in a few months

worth packing extra pants then?

from what I've heard they've stopped landing a lot of commercial craft there?>

im private in a much smaller Aircraft so i shouldnt have to come in quite as low
SXM is still a full on international, so expect heavy traffic along with the regionals

It's a nice airport...split personality island (part Dutch/part French) but very friendly, gets a bit crowded even in hurricane season due to cruise ship calls on a weekly basis

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back